First i apologies abiut the Algae you see in the photo this was taken right before a water change 😁

Anyway as you can see from my photo my plants go brown on the edges and then eventually die. 

Using Tropica Aqua soil

Dosing TNC Complete 

Anybody any ideas what may be causing this? Im starting to edge towards possibly  a lack of Iron? 

IMG_20201020_125807.jpg

1 minute ago, Sleepy said:

I'm not familiar with the ferts you are using but first thing would be to get your Nitrates up 10 - 20 ppm (assuming this is an all in one fert)

Yes sorry i shkukd of mentioned that TNC Complete is a UK Fert 😁 it is a complete fert but it lacks ablittle in Iron like most Fertiliser companies. As to my nitrates whats best way to get these up? ( new to planted aquariums) 

Many thanks 

If its an all in one it should have nitrogen in it so I would probably start adding a small extra dose of whatever you do now and see how it tests you want to try and keep it in that range for the plants or you may be possibly changing too much water or too often.

Happy to help 🙂

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

If its an all in one it should have nitrogen in it so I would probably start adding a small extra dose of whatever you do now and see how it tests you want to try and keep it in that range for the plants or you may be possibly changing too much water or too often.

Happy to help 🙂

At the moment these are my only plants in the aquarium, so i was worried about maybe adding too much? But i will up the dose and give it a try. Water gets 20 percent done every 10 to 12 days. Out of interest if a plant i lacking in Iron what would the signs be? 

Just now, WayneyybAquariums said:

At the moment these are my only plants in the aquarium, so i was worried about maybe adding too much? But i will up the dose and give it a try. Water gets 20 percent done every 10 to 12 days. Out of interest if a plant i lacking in Iron what would the signs be? 

I should also ask how long have you had the plants? If they are new they might just be going through melt.

Most plants dont need a ton of iron unless they are red so all in one ferts dont put a lot in so as not to cause algae. Iron deficiency is more with the color of the plant.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I should also ask how long have you had the plants? If they are new they might just be going through melt.

Most plants dont need a ton of iron unless they are red so all in one ferts dont put a lot in so as not to cause algae. Iron deficiency is more with the color of the plant.

Plants are around  the 3 month mark, This hapoens to me everytime, they start to get brown on the edges and never recover 

As well as uping the dose of fert, i would consider changing less water. aim to keep the nitrates between 10-20ppm range, if you finding this means adding lots of fertaliser you have a good problem, maybe you have room for more fish as the plants are consuming more waste than the current fish are producing..... if that makes sense??

It is a balance of water changes, amount of waste being produced and amount of ferts being added. But know, as the plants grow bigger they will also need more nutrients.

Bsically, IMO id start with changing less water, and maybe adding some more fish

11 minutes ago, Pekitivey said:

As well as uping the dose of fert, i would consider changing less water. aim to keep the nitrates between 10-20ppm range, if you finding this means adding lots of fertaliser you have a good problem, maybe you have room for more fish as the plants are consuming more waste than the current fish are producing..... if that makes sense??

It is a balance of water changes, amount of waste being produced and amount of ferts being added. But know, as the plants grow bigger they will also need more nutrients.

Bsically, IMO id start with changing less water, and maybe adding some more fish

More fish is out the question im affraid as it is home to a Betta 😁 

Are the leaves developing pin holes? Kind of looks like it from the photo but can't tell for sure. Because the bacopa otherwise looks decent enough.  How is your rhizome looking on your anubias? I lost a lot at first to anubias rot. Didn't bury the rhizome at all, but it just went soft and squishy, brown, then dead. 

What's your lighting level? Bacopa I believe would require more light than the anubias, likely causing spot algae to snuff out the anubias leaves if the anubias isn't shaded and the lighting is high.

Just spitballing though. I've been dealing with plant issues over the past several months as well and have obsessively learned a lot in that time.

2 hours ago, kammaroon said:

Both those plants are slow growers and have low light demands. I would reduce the light period. Tropica has a YouTube channel containing short videos highlighting both plants, which may be helpful.

Thank you i shall take a look. The low light requirements you mention could be a possibility. I have them on a timer at 9 hours 

2 hours ago, StephenP2003 said:

Are the leaves developing pin holes? Kind of looks like it from the photo but can't tell for sure. Because the bacopa otherwise looks decent enough.  How is your rhizome looking on your anubias? I lost a lot at first to anubias rot. Didn't bury the rhizome at all, but it just went soft and squishy, brown, then dead. 

What's your lighting level? Bacopa I believe would require more light than the anubias, likely causing spot algae to snuff out the anubias leaves if the anubias isn't shaded and the lighting is high.

Just spitballing though. I've been dealing with plant issues over the past several months as well and have obsessively learned a lot in that time.

Im not 100% sure on the light stats but it is the standard one that LED light that comes with the aqua one nano 30 tank.. I have them on a timer for 9 hours so im starting to believe i may be giving them too much light