Can’t find a cheap tub

Littecitygreen

Used IBC totes are often found on Facebook Marketplace at absurdly good prices. (Sometimes even free.) If you look around at any local manufacturers/warehouses, you may find a pile of old IBC totes nearby. They often have to pay to have them hauled away, so they're often very happy to unload one or more to anyone who wants one.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks!!! I’ll look into that!

On 6/6/2022 at 8:41 AM, gardenman said:

Used IBC totes are often found on Facebook Marketplace at absurdly good prices. (Sometimes even free.) If you look around at any local manufacturers/warehouses, you may find a pile of old IBC totes nearby. They often have to pay to have them hauled away, so they're often very happy to unload one or more to anyone who wants one.

If you happen to be in a rural area you might be able to find some of the tubs that come with protein supplement for cattle in them.  That's what I use.  They vary in size between different manufacturers, but they're roughly 20" tall and 24" in diameter, and they're good heavy plastic.

• Love 1

On 6/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, JettsPapa said:

If you happen to be in a rural area you might be able to find some of the tubs that come with protein supplement for cattle in them.  That's what I use.  They vary in size between different manufacturers, but they're roughly 20" tall and 24" in diameter, and they're good heavy plastic.

Oh rad! Never heard of something like that!

• Like 1

My current test for a pond is a "foldable dog pool" . 47" diameter 10" ish of water depth (+/- 80 gallons). Drain plug can be unscrewed to drain down the slope when closed down for winter. It folds up to basically 4" thick or so and one panel wide and tall. (Wet dirt was from an argument with the hose early in the filling process it jumped out) they run $20-$40 depending on diameter.  I have no idea if it will work but i do plan on getting either a combo of fry and learning experiences or no fry and way more learning experiences than I wanted from it through september.

20220611_163103.jpg.6ecfa8e5337e1733d5f14bad43273536.jpg

Edited by mountaintoppufferkeeper
  • Love 1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, mountaintoppufferkeeper said:

My current test for a pond is a "foldable dog pool" . 47" diameter 10" ish of water depth (+/- 80 gallons). Drain plug can be unscrewed to drain down the slope when closed down for winter. It folds up to basically 4" thick or so and one panel wide and tall. (Wet dirt was from an argument with the hose early in the filling process it jumped out) they run $20-$40 depending on diameter.  I have no idea if it will work but i do plan on getting either a combo of fry and learning experiences or no fry and way more learning experiences than I wanted from it through september.

20220611_163103.jpg.6ecfa8e5337e1733d5f14bad43273536.jpg

That’s a great idea in terms of gallons for cost and ease of storage. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes!