I got a Towel

nabokovfan87

I finally got a Co-Op Towel after seeing Cory hype it up on one of the recent streams. I was using a golf towel I got when I was a kid, nothing special but it had my teams logo on it!

I then started using just one of those cheap hand towels I had to put my contacts stuff on in the bathroom.  It was a cool color, decent size, and I use it 15x every time I change water.

What has been your experience with hand towels and your aquarium maintenance?  With the ACO towel?

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 6/4/2022 at 1:09 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I finally got a Co-Op Towel after seeing Cory hype it up on one of the recent streams. I'll let you know!  I was using a golf towel I got when I was a kid, nothing special but it had my teams logo on it!

I then started using just one of those cheap hand towels I had to put my contacts stuff on in the bathroom.  It was a cool color, decent size, and I use it 15x every time I change water.

What has been your experience with hand towels and your aquarium maintenance?  With the ACO towel?

I honestly have never used a towel. What am I missing other than drying your hands?

• Love 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:27 PM, Cinnebuns said:

What am I missing other than drying your hands?

I walk into the room, test the water, sit it on the towel so the results are clear.

I usually drip on the stool or front of the glass, wipe it.

I usually have a very annoying time with buckets and the vaccuum and walking around the room trying to find a place for it while I'm dumping the water and filling it with fresh water.  Then I'll add the fresh water and get that EVERYWHERE.  It's a hassle. Buckets are annoying to use.

There's a lot of my hands in the tank to adjust something or in the muck in the HoB, then trying to rinse them off in the bucket and dry them off before walking around the house.

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 6/4/2022 at 2:27 AM, Cinnebuns said:
On 6/4/2022 at 2:09 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I honestly have never used a towel. What am I missing other than drying your hands?

Well, you realize you are drying both hands?   Sorry just kidding.  I keep 2-3 towels under each aquarium.  I also have a shelf with another couple dozen or so in the garage.  As we replace bath and hands towels in our home the old ones get promoted to FishRoom/Garage towels.   

On 6/4/2022 at 8:22 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I'm guessing you're washing it on normal spin and all that, warm/hot water, etc.

Normal spin/cold water/normal dry just as I wash all my towels. The website says machine washable and dryable and the towel it self does not have a tag with proper washing/drying directions on it. I still use the towel and it works fine, just has a fraying issue that will probably shorten it's lifetime for me.

• Like 1

I got my first towel from aquarium coop a couple years ago and it was a much better towel IMO. It came with a clip and seems like it would be more absorbent (never been used) When I received it I liked the color and design so much I decided I wouldn’t use it and order more to actually be used. Hang it more as a poster/ art than as an actual “towel “. 1BAAEF70-BDE1-493A-AE3A-7C37B3967980.jpeg.8eed2616b77e7aad65977fa1247fc8de.jpegBut before I got around to ordering more they changed to the new black design. That is a great design as well and I have 4 of them, ummm but again I’ve never used any of them.

Strange yes, very much so probably, but I’m a NERM (and loyal coop member) and this is normal behavior IMO. Maybe I’ll have a big enough collection one day I’ll actually use some but for now I do all my cleaning with old shower/ dish towels.

04488587-4379-478D-B1F4-2DEE637E2754.jpeg.76d0f16a11dee398e827ce2b5874f9a5.jpeg

3FBDEB04-885C-4A8C-BBC7-5A418A74BF76.jpeg.ce4cf3033a295098d44986823a9f4d83.jpeg

5C61C937-A8F7-4A2B-83E8-5C500A2888C6.jpeg.26d829e82a5b7a276907d96d99a12188.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 6/5/2022 at 5:18 AM, Atitagain said:

But before I got around to ordering more they changed to the new black design. That is a great design as well and I have 4 of them, ummm but again I’ve never used any of them.

Lol!

Ok well, use one! Then you have three for art 🙂

• Haha 1

I use my ACO black towel all the time and no fraying yet. I also use plain flat weave cotton dish towels when I’m working in my tanks. Two things I like about the ACO towel: it dries quickly between times for such a thick towel and the texture helps in removing the duckweed that sticks to external tank surfaces. It also rolls up nice and small and fits in a basket under my 10g for storage. So I guess that’s three things!

• Like 1

So far it is a nice towel.  Price is perfect and I'm very happy with the purchase.

I was reminded of a bowling towel if that makes any sense.  I might have some with slightly different materials, but I feel like that might be another good use for these if we have any bowlers out there!

...and it is definitely better than the hand towel I was using before.  Much better at getting water off the glass / stand.