Prep for the Shell Dwellers!

Hey all! Super excited to start my journey with some shell dwellers. Definitely need to shout out Zenzo for always talking about them! 

I wanted the tank to match the aesthetic of my room. I purchased a 20 gal long from my LFS made by Aquarium Masters. I ended up taping everything up and spray painting the rim white, which turned out really nice! Have the shells all ready and will be adding the aragonite sand soon to start up the project! Super excited! 

Think I'll be doing some Multis! Though the Gold Ocellatus's are super cute too. image.thumb.jpeg.a8a66c9d453e62ada092f8b3cc100fbe.jpeg

• Like 4

I have a group of Multis and they are awesome. They “multiply” like crazy without me even doing anything. I did notice when I switched from a flake food to sinking food, the number of small fry around has gone down. I think I have to tweak the autofeeder and go back to a flake. Are you going to add any other hard scape?

On 6/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, ChargerstoLA said:

I have a group of Multis and they are awesome. They “multiply” like crazy without me even doing anything. I did notice when I switched from a flake food to sinking food, the number of small fry around has gone down. I think I have to tweak the autofeeder and go back to a flake. Are you going to add any other hard scape?

Hii! Yes definitely. I have a bunch of hardscape, just not sure which to use yet! 😄 Once I chuck in the aragonite ill try a few things out to see which vibe Im feeling. And that's too cute with the Multis multiplying. I am thinking I will go the multi route myself too. 

Honestly, I would make sure if you are doing and rocks, place the flat on the bottom. The sand will change everyday as they customize their own areas. The other day I was watching two males throwing sand into each other’s spot as they were digging. 
Sometimes I worry when they are digging around they are going to close off some shell opening and suffocate fry. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, ChargerstoLA said:

Honestly, I would make sure if you are doing and rocks, place the flat on the bottom. The sand will change everyday as they customize their own areas. The other day I was watching two males throwing sand into each other’s spot as they were digging. 
Sometimes I worry when they are digging around they are going to close off some shell opening and suffocate fry. 

Haha love that, super cute. They sound super engaging

• 1 month later...