Quarantine Help

SlimJimmy916

I am asking for some advice on quarantining fish. I did the Trio and followed the provided instructions from the Aquarium Co-Op care guide but I didn't add Ich X on my 3rd week but I did add paraclense and maracyn. I am now in my 4th week which is just water changes. I am wondering if I should dose Ich X because so far by inspecting the fish I haven't seen any Ich.

Hello and welcome! 

I think I might have an older method in my mind.  I recall the QT method being a week only and then observe for any issues.  Let me go ahead and double check the information.  I understand what you've done, and it should be fine with the method you're mentioning as well.

This is what I usually see for the "med trio"

If you bought new fish from an online retailer, pet store chain, or untested source, proactively treat them with the quarantine medication trio. These medicines contain a blend of antibiotic, antifungal, and anti-parasitic active ingredients that are safe for scaleless fish, fry, shrimp, snails, live plants, and beneficial bacteria. Dose 1 packet of Maracyn, 1 packet of ParaCleanse, and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Ich-X for every 10 gallons of water. Let the medication soak in the water for 7 days without feeding the fish.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/quarantine-tank

To your question, you can absolutely teat with Ich-X.  I would go ahead and do this before adding them to the main tank.

Great for treating Ich, as well as mild fungal infections. We recommend using an airstone in the aquarium when treating with Ich - X.

• Ich (Ichthyophthirius multifiliis)
  • Velvet (Gold Dust Disease)
  • Saproleniasis (Cotton Wool Disease)
  • Trichondiniasis 
  • Fungal Issues
  • Protozoan Caused Diseases 

Keep in mind that Ich-X is for Ich, but also a few other things as well.

Edited by nabokovfan87