is easy green safe with shrimp?

On 5/31/2022 at 4:22 PM, SandSea said:

is easy green safe , at the recommended dosage, in a shrimp only planted tank?

My shrimp don't even react when I put it in, a few of my snails have crawled up to the top of the tank which may be 100% coincidental. However, to alleviate my stress and worry, I broke the Easy Green weekly dose into 7 mini daily doses, and my plants showed so much appreciation for consistency I switched all my tanks over to daily microdosing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 12:53 AM, Torrey said:

My shrimp don't even react when I put it in, a few of my snails have crawled up to the top of the tank which may be 100% coincidental. However, to alleviate my stress and worry, I broke the Easy Green weekly dose into 7 mini daily doses, and my plants showed so much appreciation for consistency I switched all my tanks over to daily microdosing.

I need to add to this:

My plants appreciate the daily ferts as long as I remember to increase ferts to accommodate the increased growth!

I also heavily feed my fish (yet ammonia, nitrites and nitrates stay at zero, and dosing only gets nitrates up to 15 ppm to 20 ppm tops, and I almost lost all of my red plants in my Scapes from Scraps pico tank because I was underfeeding the shrimp and snails....😅

My recommendation is TEST after dosing, see if anything is moving. Watch plants. Don't change more than one parameter/month, so you know if the change in behavior (snails/inverts) and/or change in growth (plants) is related.

i asked bcuz i have several types of ferts. often times i dose less than half a dose of two different ones at the same time, cuz sometimes they have a few of the same ingredients, but not all of the same ingredients. once, after a dosing recently, all my shrimp acted sick and alllll hung at the top of the plants at the very top of the tank, i removed them all too late and only one lived. 

but ever since, still a few die a day or two after a dose, or they and the snails come to the top. some of my ferts do not say they have copper, so i dont necessarily think it's that. but i like the idea of @Torrey mini dose regime. seems safer

I only recently bought easy green, is why i asked.