Do Ram Cichlids eat bladder snails?

Did a search didn't see if anyone addressed this on the forum. I have added a Bolivian Ram to one of my tanks. It has quite a few bladder snails and wouldn't mind a little population control assistance. Some of the internet seems to think Rams do eat snails- others don't. Anyone with personal experience or have seen them eat them? I'm not worried about my Horned Nerites as there seems to at least be a consensus there Nerites (especially Horned) are pretty well armored with the smaller Ram present. @Fish Folk? @nabokovfan87? You've both had Rams, experience?

• Like 1

Mine definitely could care less about anything else in the tank, it was a very relaxed personality fish.  He had a little hide in the plants and it was in the corner away from everything.  The fish would be a bit more active during feeding time, but it was just protective of it's area (seemed to be quiet, flow was ok for the fish as well, but a lot of sight breaks).

My ram never came into contact with snails, but I would think it wouldn't really want to bother snails. They prefer pellets, chew, sift, sand, etc.  I am assuming entirely, but I don't think the ram would really do well with snails trying to go to town in it's area, but I don't think the fish would necessarily eat snails. It's just not designed for that.

Zebra loaches on the other hand.....

• Like 1

If they get hungry enough, they'll eat the snails.When I broke my femur I was in the hospital for fifteen days. My fish (swordtails) got no food during that time. When I got home, the fish were fine and the snails were gone. My tanks were heavily infested with snails before that. I don't recommend starving your fish for fifteen days to get them to eat snails, but they'll eat them if there's nothing else.

• Thanks 1

@gardenman, thanks for that. No. Don't plan on doing that but I'm sure you didn't either! I'm going on a few day trip shortly here and I know all will be fine- thought just came to mind about the snails and a Cichlid I've never kept. I don't think my Rasboras or Neons will bother unless they're really small and parasnailing. The Neons are the only ones that will pick at the substrate- I've never seen my Rasboras do that. 

Though I'm sure they would if they got really desperate...

I guess they could….   Why not? 
I have some Black Rams at first they didn’t seem to bother snails.   I hate them and smash them when I see them. So I noticed they eat them after I have smashed them.   Now I see them harassing the live ones.   Go Team Fish….