I just bought another aquarium

Anjum

MTS is real y'all. 🤣 This is my 5th tank.

In my defense.. I have 3 male guppies & my "mean" SAE in a 5 gal. It was supposed to be a QT tank, but then my husband's daughter begged me to take her guppies when she killed the rest of her tank. And I really wanted to set up a tank at my work. So here we are. This is my new shop tank, a 20gal Long. And these are going to be the new inhabitants once its all good to go.

PXL_20220514_235740228.jpg

PXL_20220528_232127725.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, Anjum said:

This is my new shop tank, a 20gal Long. And these are going to be the new inhabitants once its all good to go.

Looks awesome! I love the placement on the stand and it fits really well. Very nice Aesthetic together with the tank.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, Anjum said:

In my defense.. I have 3 male guppies & my "mean" SAE in a 5 gal. It was supposed to be a QT tank, but then my husband's daughter begged me to take her guppies when she killed the rest of her tank.

Been there.... 😕

I hope you don't mean SAE as in the one that gets really big?  I think they are one of those 40 breader minimum size fish?  They can jump out of a tank pretty easily and usually require a lot of space!  Just a heads up.

Keep up the awesome work, looks good!

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

😕
I hope you don't mean SAE as in the one that gets really big?  I think they are one of those 40 breader minimum size fish?  They can jump out of a tank pretty easily and usually require a lot of space!  Just a heads up.

Keep up the awesome work, looks good!

Yeah, 😕 I don't think I'll be able to keep either SAE long term.. I did poor research & got 2 for my 10g. Don't know how I missed the memo that A) They get upwards of 6" long and B) They do ok alone or best in groups of 6+, but definitely not 2. And I just want to go in another direction with my "clean-up crew". But for now, each of them will help start my 29g at home, and now this 20g at work. 

Thanks for the compliments on the aesthetics ☺️ I own a small furniture/mattress store & since I've become obsessed with the hobby recently, I size up all pieces of furniture for potential tank stands 😅 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, Anjum said:

They do ok alone or best in groups of 6+

One of the better tips I've heard is getting fish (basically most of them) in groups of 1,3,5,etc. instead of even numbers.  For SAE, I think 1 in a tank might do fine.  In my 55/75G I had 3 and they were awesome little friends.  they definitely had to deal with the tank boss, but they did perfectly ok. (tank boss = red tailed black shark)

But for now, each of them will help start my 29g at home, and now this 20g at work. 

I'd definitely put them in the 29G if you can because of the vertical height.

I size up all pieces of furniture for potential tank stands 😅 

Love it! LOL. 

@nabokovfan87 I hesitate to put the SAE back together. The "mean" one was relentless to the other, and got really fat while the other stayed skinny. The other has sized up quickly now that the "mean" one is gone. 

Technically, they'd be fine, size-wise, in the 29, but then that would really limit my stocking there and I've got plans in mind. So one or both will eventually go back to the LFS or rehomed. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 7:12 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Definitely the best choice! I'd recommend amanos as a replacement for algae issues depending what else is in each tank.

Definitely want to do shrimp, amanos or neos or both. And otocinclus. But I won't get any of that until I feel like I have a tank seasoned & stable enough for them. 

For now I'll just be getting more harlequins to add to my current school of 5. Maybe some black neons too. Unless I can find Somphongsi rasboras.... Idk I have a lot of ideas 😂ETA: that's for my 29. Haven't given any thought whatsoever to the new 20L other than needing a place to put these guppies 🤷

Edited by Anjum
  • Like 1