125 Gallon Aquarium Stocking

COMPNOR

Good morning. I have a 125 gallon aquarium that I currently run with a FX6 canister filter.

I currently have 9 convicts, 2 fire mouths, a salvini, electric blue acara, and a common pleco. 

Am I at my limits or could I add a few more fish?

I am well aware of the convicts breeding habits and their aggressive nature when breeding (that's how I ended up with 9).

My father in law wants to get me some fish and I just want to make sure I got the room.

Thanks in advance.

That’s a hard/touchy question.  Attitude and aggression.  Size and bio load.  Future spawns.  I mean with proper maintenance this could work with the proper tank mates - unti it doesn’t……

I’m not sure if I would add any, at least not without a backup plan in case it goes bad.  
Good Luck

• Like 1

Thanks. I forgot to mention size. The Salvini is probably 6 inches and the male convicts are 5-6. 

Everyone gets along though sometimes someone has a bad day but it doesn't last. I have one pair which breeds regularly and so there might be some extra posturing and momma takes no prisoners but after awhile things to back to normal. I've never noticed any excessive bullying.

• Like 1