do gourami eggs need to be in the bubble

Waterlife

do gourami eggs need to be in the bubble Or exposed to air before submerging and hatching?  Does it give them development time with O2 or something?  I just picked up eggs off the bottom, he hasn’t built the bubble nest yet.  Do they need air?

On 5/26/2022 at 9:52 PM, Waterlife said:

do gourami eggs need to be in the bubble Or exposed to air before submerging and hatching?  Does it give them development time with O2 or something?  I just picked up eggs off the bottom, he hasn’t built the bubble nest yet.  Do they need air?

Sometimes you can get labyrinth bubble nest breeders' eggs to hatch outside of the nest in an egg tumbler. Most of the time, my experience has been either the eggs weren't fertilized, or simply weren't viable. It's always worth the attempt, however!

• Like 1

I once had a male paradise that was horrible at nest building.  (Some young pairs need practice). Anyway this male never got it right.  I had a hard time getting any eggs that spent a lot of time on the bottom to hatch.  So, I took a piece on wax paper maybe 5 inches square. I rolled it up the side of the aquarium to hold it in place.  Even doing this this male would not build a nest, but I noticed that bubbles - Droplets of waters would rest on top of the wax paper.  BTW parchment paper worked also.  So I used my Turkey baster and placed the eggs on top of the wax paper.  Using a clean spray bottle I misted the eggs when they looked as if drying out.  Once hatched added water over top of wax paper.   BTW, this male was an incredible dad careful attending to the fry for a week or so.    
Good Luck 

• Like 2