Hardness on Multi-Test Strips

DukiLoco

On 5/24/2022 at 12:21 AM, DukiLoco said:

Can anyone tell me what my hardness is? To me, the color of hardness on my test strip just doesn't match any of the colors on the result. All of the other tests color match perfectly except hardness. 

20220523_230200.jpg

20220523_230200.jpg

For lack of a better answer, The water hardness is beyond the range of your test strip.  I have been charting my water parameters for most of a year and refer to this reading as 301. I have used the towel method, held the strip horizontally in my hand, and on it's side.  The results have always been the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, Tanked said:

For lack of a better answer, The water hardness is beyond the range of your test strip.  I have been charting my water parameters for most of a year and refer to this reading as 301. I have used the towel method, held the strip horizontally in my hand, and on it's side.  The results have always been the same.

Thanks! I just realized you responded. I think that is my situation too. Always gives me the same result no matter how I do it. Must just  have really hard water. 

On 7/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, DukiLoco said:

Thanks! I just realized you responded. I think that is my situation too. Always gives me the same result no matter how I do it. Must just  have really hard water. 

You are welcome.  I have often wondered how hard my/our water really is, but my fish are happy, so I will keep that $10. in my pocket for now.