Centerpiece for a 12 gallon long

Zach B

Hey guys! 
currently I have a 12 gallon long with 6 habrosus cories and a betta that unfortunately has a tumor growing on the right side of his head. He’s had this tumor for about 6 months now and I’ve noticed in the past few weeks he’s been slowing down and not eating as much. I was wondering what centerpiece fish I could get when he eventually passes. I’ve kept apistos (didn’t do so well in hard chicago water), kribs, nanacara, Bolivian rams, as well as honey gouramis. I’m looking for something new to keep that may be a little unusual.

Currently researching some microctenopoma species as well as a paradise fish but I’m scared of the potential aggression. Any suggestions are welcome!

I know the Co Op YouTube channel has several videos on this….  I guess it comes down to your likes….   But I will tell you a while back I kept and spawned a little fish you might like.  
Betta rutilans – the Dwarf Fighter

check them out…

Good Luck 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, Tihshho said:

Are you looking for a solo species or something that might pair off that happens to be larger than whats currently in the tank? 

I’m looking for something 2-3 inches in size, and breeding would be cool but I would like to avoid aggression, as all the dwarf cichlids I’ve had have been bullies when they breed. So most likely I’d be looking for a solo specimen. Would a sunset thick lip gourami be too large? It is a 3 foot tank but only 10 inches wide.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

German Blue Ram- those are on my list at some point to have. 

Aren’t German blues relatively sensitive? This tank is going to be moving with me too and from college during breaks and I wouldn’t want something so cool dying on me mid trip 😅

On 5/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, Zach B said:

I’m looking for something new to keep that may be a little unusual.

What temperature are you aiming to maintain? Have you ever kept Emerald Killis before? They're a bit different. Plus I've got loads if you WTB. Send me a PM. They're very hardy as long as your temps can stay below 80-F. You'll need a tight-fitting lid though. They are jumpers.

44C3A808-0F5C-44A8-9868-9FD16A5E0D36.jpeg.83632f11359c3afe36902aee84179a9f.jpeg

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1