Fish/invert Forum Swap is now live.

Cory

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

You'll notice that there is a fish and invert swap forum now. You can buy/sell/trade/giveaway fish or inverts there. Review the rules carefully, aquarium co-op is not responsible and won't step in. You need 50 meaningful posts on the forum to see that forum. It also won't show up in the topic feed as I don't want buying/selling to become to main topic of this forum. The goal is to allow hobbyists to rehome stuff, sell off some extra fry etc. Maybe make enough to support their hobby. Competitors are not allowed, and full fledged businesses aren't either. If you have a website or retail store somewhere else where you are selling stuff, you're a business and not a hobbyist.

If you sell to local stores, friends, family, etc. That is not a business. You breed/buy the fish with the intent of keeping them as pets, not buying and reselling.

You can use the trader feedback once a transaction is completed. Threads where people are calling each other out, fighting etc. Will just be locked. This is very much a don't ruin this for everyone situation. This is a soft launch where only forum people will know about it. Lets not make this a regret to facilitate this.

• Administrators
On 5/21/2022 at 1:42 PM, FrozenFins said:

Can I get a link for this? I cant seem to find this.

This is awesome! so exciting!

Should be visible now, wasn't set for viewing for non mods yet.

Perfect end to the day.

Thank you Cory and Co-op crew for trusting us to try this. May we all be respectful and responsible with the privilege. 

This is perfect, since after today's members only presentation with Karl, I figured out better "breeder boxes" so I can *maybe* recreate a livebearer I used to swim with...

Thank you so much!

• Like 2

When it comes to posts within this subforum, should each species be a listing or can a user consolidate their listing offerings to a single thread? I just ask as a hobbyist with multiple spawning projects that I would like to offer. Rather than creating a single post per species, updating the OP with what's available and when things change update the thread would be a simple way of keeping things from getting out of hand. 

On 5/24/2022 at 8:48 AM, Tihshho said:

When it comes to posts within this subforum, should each species be a listing or can a user consolidate their listing offerings to a single thread? I just ask as a hobbyist with multiple spawning projects that I would like to offer. Rather than creating a single post per species, updating the OP with what's available and when things change update the thread would be a simple way of keeping things from getting out of hand. 

I'm planning to post some shrimp and guppies, and I had planned to do it all in one post.  If it's not allowed I assume someone would let me know.

• Like 2

Any timeline for plants?

I only ask because of something like hygrophila pinnatifida where I really want to have something hobbyist raised.  Floating plants also, some mosses, it's difficult for some people to find certain things locally.  The obvious issue / concern to work through is the whole invasive species check.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Any timeline for plants?

I only ask because of something like hygrophila pinnatifida where I really want to have something hobbyist raised.  Floating plants also, some mosses, it's difficult for some people to find certain things locally.  The obvious issue / concern to work through is the whole invasive species check.

I believe we're only allowed to sell livestock, and not plants.  Since Aquarium Co-op sponsors this forum I don't blame them for not wanting us to sell plants online since that would be directly competing with them.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:51 AM, JettsPapa said:

I believe we're only allowed to sell livestock, and not plants.  Since Aquarium Co-op sponsors this forum I don't blame them for not wanting us to sell plants online since that would be directly competing with them.

I totally understand that.  I wouldn't think we can just buy a co-op plant and then pop on the forum and try to sell a clipping.  I think there's some room for "other plants" that wouldn't compete, but of course there's other sources for that potentially and doesn't make sense for the forum.

It's easier for the Administration and Moderation team to blanket say "no plant sales" than make exceptions. Exceptions cause confusion etc etc. The only thing I could say plant wise that wouldn't be competition (due to costs) would be if people are allowed to put ROAK cuttings up. I understand this might take away from the sales side, but if a hobbyist isn't profiting through the forum, would that acceptible? 

Edited by Tihshho

• 3 weeks later...