Discus Heavy Slime -

Willie T

ph-7-0

ammonia -0

nitrite-0

nitrates -10

so I had to add these discus straight in the main tank after1 week of QT, due to another Ram I had to put in the qt, they have all contracted this thin white slime and they are still eating for the most part, but always bundled together, they obviously look bad, talked to Wattleys , said 3 days of Paragaurd then 30% water change then salt for a week. I’m about to add the salt, just wondering if that’s really what they need or some Oxytetracycline , it doesn’t appear to be internal, but just don’t want to Lose all 7 discus. 75 gallon tank.  

AEB18C39-B368-42B6-9FE1-C0B32064ADC0.jpeg

B1BA140C-4B8E-411F-881F-AB705AFDD3F5.jpeg

41A586C8-31A5-4E1B-AA9E-AD60590F5EBF.jpeg

• Sad 1

Looks like discus plague is a viral infection that can effect they immune system causing secondary fungal and bacterial infection the recommended treatment is to Qarantine any sick fish  raise the temperature to 92f to help boost their immune system and stimulate their metabolic rate increase levels of desolved oxygen by adding extra air stone and treat with a  broad spectrum antibiotic in food such as kanaplex

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Edited by Colu

If you can't Qarantine then I would treat them in the main tank depending on what other fish  other fish you have raising the temperature to 92 maybe harmful to them I would still add an extra air stones and raise the temperature as much as you can and start treating with kanaplex @Willie T

Edited by Colu