Does API GENERAL CURE harm my plecos

Rabbity777

Hello there I want to know if the medication API GENERAL CURE is safe for plecos I have 7 2 golden nuggets 2 snowballs 1 avocado 1 royal and 1 normal regular pleco because my tetras have ich and I don’t want to harm my plecos 

• Administrators

Any med can harm fish. However I have used it for years without low risk. However I'd be using ich X to treat ich normally. I'm not sure how effective you'll find the general cure against ich cause I use it vs internal parasites normally. I find when dosed correctly, I only lose fish if they were full of parasites to begin with or very weak to start.

In my opinion… General Cure is kind of like a shotgun approach.   I haven’t used it in years and even then I didn’t find it to be the Cure.  I found it to have a very low dose of active medication if I’m remembering correctly.  Maybe others have had better luck?
Good Luck

On 5/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Cory said:

Any med can harm fish. However I have used it for years without low risk. However I'd be using ich X to treat ich normally. I'm not sure how effective you'll find the general cure against ich cause I use it vs internal parasites normally. I find when dosed correctly, I only lose fish if they were full of parasites to begin with or very weak to start. 

So what I am understanding is that I can buy ich x to treat ich for my fish and it would not harm my plecos?

• Administrators

There is always a chance that meds can hurt fish. People can use them improperly, the fish could already be too frail, etc. What I am saying is, Ich X would be the medication I would be using to treat Ich if the fish were in my possession.