Blood Parrot not sure what this is on his fins, does anyone know?

momjtac

Can someone take a look at my blood parrot and tell me if you know what is going on with his fins? I noticed this just a couple of days ago and I thought he was brushing to hard up against his cave getting in and out (bought him a bigger cave). But now I am not so sure, is this a disease of some sort? The other 2 blood parrots are not showing any signs of this on them and all 3 of them are eating and acting normal. I do at least a 30% water change every weekend and my levels are pretty good, they are in a 75-gal tank (3 months old setup) with 2 small clown Loches, 2 snails and 2 small Bristal noses. 407 canister with 2 air sponges and 1 wave machine (I do not run this 24/7 only run about 1 to 2 hours a day).  Temp is at 79. I am trying so hard to take care of these guys and I am really worried. Please help if you know what this is. Thank you in advance for your  help. 

IMG-7361.jpg

IMG-7364.jpg

IMG-7365.jpg

IMG-7370.jpg

IMG-7369.jpg

The Big Blood Parrot is always after the 2 smaller ones. I had all 3 in a 55 gal tank that I had a divider in until they were bigger but when I moved them over to the 75 gal I just let them all be together. I check all the levels about twice a week and tomorrow is a water change/vacuum bottom day. I put some API Stress Coat in the tank yesterday. 

I would just keep a close eye on your water parameters and watch out for any aggression you could add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will help with Gill function and add essential electrolytes for now

Thank you I added the aquarium salt last night, today is water change day normally but I think I will wait till tomorrow and do my normal 30% change and will add additional salt at that time and keep watching. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 3:19 PM, momjtac said:

Just wanted to give an update since adding in the salt and doing my changes all the black spots have went away from his fins. Thank you for the information. 

Good to hear he made a full recovery