snail 🐌 removal

patricia

Latly noticed a over population of bladder snails in my 20 long tank so i got a few assassins to help with the issue and they just lay'ed eggs non stop and multiplying so i went to to you tube watched all and any video from everyone on how to eradicate these guys iv tried salt, yoyo loaches which is a awesome source and assassins nothing worked so this video said to try Alum powder and hey hey it worked like a charm id use the yo-yo's but there's no room left in my tank plus they'd kill my assassins and false jullii and salt and pepper cats followed instructions of this video to a tee and it really works id post a pic but my gif file is too large sorry 

Edited by patricia
spelling

• Administrators

Usually a population boom like you experienced is due to an excess of food that the snails have access to. The more food available to the snails, the more they can reproduce. I am glad to hear that you solved the issue. Next time, look at the source. If you don't change what you are doing, the population may come back again. 

I would just watch.   A lot of dead animals can cause problems with bio-load and ammonia and so on.  Maybe remove some before treating.  Place a small dish in the aquarium with some algae wafers turn off lights.  After a couple hours turn on lights and remove dish .  After a couple days I’m sure you will remove a large number of them.

Good Lucks

• Like 1