Mountain clouds

Paul 71

I dread to say I haven't seen my mountain cloud minnow for nearly a week & fear she may have passed on somehow although I removed the ornaments, rocks & ferns to no avail. I'm to afraid to check the alodea behind & may need to leave it with the two ruby's

When minnows have died in my tanks I've mostly found their bodies resting on top of the mat of moss in the lower part of the tank, so the elodea is a possibility. My white cloud mountain minnows have been my most bulletproof fish, besides possibly my danios, so I'm holding out hope that she's just really good at hiding! (If there's only one, be aware that they can get stressed if not kept in a group of their own kind for schooling.)

She was looking big on the abdomen & I wondered if it was at the back of the tank laying but no sign for 6 days now. I wanted to avoid removing & moving substrate & will, if it's better to get some cuttlebone as I forgot to peel off the egg skin when I washed the egg but forgot the membrane bit but I presume it gives strength & has protein & calcium to an extent though someone said cuttle is better & easier to digest. I'll try both though