Pygmy corydora spawning video

Guppysnail

I sat on a bucket to see what the commotion in the Pygmy tank was. In the front corner I got to see my biggest girl select this spot, drop the egg to her fins, take the sperm, place the egg and fertilize it. 

I grabbed the camera. The other eggs weren’t so easy to see the process but here is what I got. I did not want to shut the blinds etc and disturb them. 

when you see the girl flip over she is placing and fertilizing 

Longer trying to get the deed itself but you get to see the other Pygmy racing about and some of the courting dancing. 

363F8EB0-AB79-4400-BC01-222F7C840978.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 7

• 1 year later...

Hello! I just wanted to ask, what do I feed my pygmy fry? I have about 1/2 a day old fry and I have bbs going and ready but I've read that pygmy fry are too tiny to eat bbs. I don't currently have any other live food options. Thanks!

On 5/15/2022 at 1:50 PM, Guppysnail said:

I sat on a bucket to see what the commotion in the Pygmy tank was. In the front corner I got to see my biggest girl select this spot, drop the egg to her fins, take the sperm, place the egg and fertilize it. 

I grabbed the camera. The other eggs weren’t so easy to see the process but here is what I got. I did not want to shut the blinds etc and disturb them. 

when you see the girl flip over she is placing and fertilizing 

Longer trying to get the deed itself but you get to see the other Pygmy racing about and some of the courting dancing. 

363F8EB0-AB79-4400-BC01-222F7C840978.jpeg

So this is where my next line of pygmy genetics will come from 😆