Look at the gold barb beauties

These baby barbs are beautiful.

I’ve never had barbs and I love them.

the male has a green stripe vs black. In the wild they have green. I am thinking it’s in his genes somewhere.

one of the females has read and red fins. The two males chase her like crazy trying to breed. Just bragging a bit on my beauties 

mars my calicos super red is also gorgeous.

912BB30F-1A3E-495E-BA96-702DE87945F7.jpeg

7194588A-B28F-4117-BC2B-FCFAB08389FE.jpeg

1351B022-83AC-4A4B-9944-DC2009553C8B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 5/13/2022 at 7:35 AM, Fish Folk said:

It is so good to enjoy your fish! I’ve never kept these barbs before, so it’s nice to see someone else enjoying them.

There’s a kind of barb I might try someday. Let me see if I can find a photo here… Odessa Barbs…

13F1BA9C-E996-41FB-9770-A96B12C9AD5E.jpeg.a1d932f4a4bdff3a6089c7412e96efbd.jpeg

This Odessa barns are pretty super cool looking.

I was scared to get barbs at first but I love them they are so cool.

• Like 2

Fired up Odessa's are one of the most stunning species in the hobby, the key is to source a good strain of them since they have gotten watered down from farming. 

It's been a long time since I've seen Gold Barbs, and that green on the one male you have is a nice find @JessLynne7

• Love 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:35 AM, Fish Folk said:

It is so good to enjoy your fish! I’ve never kept these barbs before, so it’s nice to see someone else enjoying them.

There’s a kind of barb I might try someday. Let me see if I can find a photo here… Odessa Barbs…

Absolutely beautiful fish.  I LOVE barbs.  So hard to find sometimes for me, but I've always enjoyed them when I have had them.

My favorite:
Green Tiger Barb (Puntius Tetrazona) | Fishkeeping Folks

Edit: Very cool article https://smartaquariumguide.com/barb-fish-types/

Edited by nabokovfan87
Added Photo
  • Love 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:30 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Gold barbs are an excellent choice for a summer tub if you decide to play around with that. Congratulations, they are beautiful. @Fish Folkthat looks like a Select Aquatics Odessa! Greg has done wonders for that fish. 

His line of them has always been stunning. If I remember correctly, the line has been a pet project of his for around 10 years or so. 

@nabokovfan87 I used to be a big fan of Green Tigers when I was a kid until another strain came around. Have you seen the Platinum Greens before? Check them out:

Green Platinum Tiger Barb Tropical Fish for sale

For the life of me I can't find them forsale, and last time I saw them available was over 10 years ago.

• Love 1

Definitely a specialty shop only I would think!  Let's just say I wont find them around here any time soon.

I also saw a "dark night" version.  It might be a stressed out version of a green / moss tiger, or a new variant.  Undetermined at this point.

image.jpeg.99aa319bd1cc4a11fb970ba6e2fcd492.jpeg

Edit: Might be a cross breed with a black ruby barb?

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Love 2