New plants question

Tami

I just planted (10/15) my new Aquarium Co-op plants (Dwarf Sag, Red Melon Sword, Dwarf Hairgrass, Cryptocorne Wendti) and they are yellowing and showing a lot of signs of deficiency. My old java fern and anubius are staying average

29 gal tank - 5 scattered roots tabs around plant areas - 1 shot of Easy Green each day since planted to keep Nitrates at 20 (but of course they jumped to 40 tonight)

Is this normal melting? too much fertilizer?

tank with plants.jpg

20201018_180847.jpg

thanks Sleepy - i removed them from the pots and kept them in a bucket with my tank water in it for 5 days - they looked good until i planted them. so was wondering my lighting or fert was the issue so wanted to get some feedback

8 minutes ago, Tami said:

thanks Sleepy - i removed them from the pots and kept them in a bucket with my tank water in it for 5 days - they looked good until i planted them. so was wondering my lighting or fert was the issue so wanted to get some feedback

They're getting energy from your light and nutrients so it kick started the transitioning process. What you're experiencing is perfectly normal. In 3-4 weeks they'll look a lot better. Patience is the hardest part of the planted tank hobby.

• Like 1