Crypt Wenditti hair roots?

I have what seems to be hair roots from my Crypt Wenditti(s) can anyone give me more information on this? Am I correct in thinking the plant is just trying to get more nutrients out of the water column since I am using less root tabs? 

20220510_075511~2.jpg

Edited by JoeQ
Edit title

I’ll give a go at an answer but it comes from a terrestrial planting point of view. Growing seeds in pots as they grow the roots spiral in on themselves consuming the nutrients.  They send seeker roots out of the holes at the bottom when nutrients get low but are not yet depleted. If nothing they need is found those roots usually hang around and continue seeking but not much comes of them.  The same seedling pot when sat on top of the planting mound outside will hit fresh nutrients in the soil and all the growth of the root are concentrated to that hole while seeker roots not touching the mound do not progress.  These are just my observations from also having a terrestrial gardening hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’ll give a go at an answer but it comes from a terrestrial planting point of view. Growing seeds in pots as they grow the roots spiral in on themselves consuming the nutrients.  They send seeker roots out of the holes at the bottom when nutrients get low but are not yet depleted. If nothing they need is found those roots usually hang around and continue seeking but not much comes of them.  The same seedling pot when sat on top of the planting mound outside will hit fresh nutrients in the soil and all the growth of the root are concentrated to that hole while seeker roots not touching the mound do not progress.  These are just my observations from also having a terrestrial gardening hobby. 

Thanks! Seems like a fair assessment. I actually need to move one of the cypts in question. Ill probably pull it, trim the roots, sink a root tab and see what happens!

• Like 1