Non-Fish Pets

Cinnebuns

4 dogs, 4 cats, 2 birds (my old man severe macaw is likely around 45-50 years old).  I’ve had rats in the past, but it hurts too much when they are so short lived.  I do adore them as patients, especially dumbo rats.  Always so sweet!

Edited by Odd Duck
Typo
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 2:03 PM, Bev C said:

I just love this thread and seeing everyone's babies 

I grew up bringing every stray dog and cat home     When I got married  now divorce  my ex was allergic to cats. So we only had dogs  My neighbor had dachshunds and had  a litter and gave  me my first dachshund after that I am dachshund crazy  that has  been the breed I have owned since when My ex and I split up we had 4 of them he took 1 I took 3. All of them has passed away since then

But my sister-in-law brought me a rescue dachshund that had major problems they was thinking of putting him to sleep  We are not sure what happened to him before he came to me He hates men  the most  I have had him 8 years we think he was 1 when he came to me . he was not named   so I  named him after my favorite band Bon Jovi I named  him Jovi  but we call him Joey  

But it took a long time for him to trust me, and he has big social disorders .. only humans he trusts is me and my very close family that he often sees  

Around me, he is calm, mellow  & a  sweetheart  & I love having him 

But around others he is a  Devil 

He pees, chews  on them and growls and carries on awful like, and it takes a good while for him to calm &  settle down    .. The vet and I have tried working with him, nothing helps, So  if I have company I have  to have them call first, so I can cage him in his dog cage  and close the door ..  so I  can have a good visit with my company and to keep him calm .. It makes it way better on him & my  company  I have to walk him in the empty cemetery near my house  that has no living people 

When it is just him and me home he is a perfect angel, and he likes hanging around my fish tank . he watches them very  closely   

Don't let the sweet  face & photos fool you... Please meet Joey my brothers calls him the Little Demon 

image.jpeg.786040f8dd78d56cd7888a7e83fefe02.jpeg

Joey Likes To Help On Trash Day 

image.jpeg.e06111725f0554aff0807f8f443e231f.jpeg

image.jpeg.cd6d3221bb8ff4e8271f437e2066a1f4.jpeg

I love seeing more owners that love and accept their traumatized dogs at face value, and care about them and try and make them comfortable. He's lucky to have you! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@nabokovfan87 you babies are adorable, a day at the groomer must have worn them out .. 

@Dancing MattI think all of us are our pets .. pets I know my dog thinks he is  boss of me  .. 

@hannah662parker  Thank you for the kind comments Joey is my 2nd rescue dachshund  and it has not been easy with him  when they bought him to me you could not pet him  if you  tried he would pee and try to bite you & he hid for 4 -5 days before coming out to even to eat .. I had to really work with him and be patience  ,,, my family thought I was crazy to keep him But I knew he  needed love and there was a sweet boy under all that  roughness  He is still scared of strangers and men only 2 men he likes is my brother and my next door neighbor that helps with my lawn and house repairs  

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, Bev C said:

you babies are adorable, a day at the groomer must have worn them out .. 

It was a tough morning for them. Unfortunately they were upset before even knowing they were off to the groomers. Rushed out the door didn't help 😕  They did good once they got there and it's really good that they are enjoying it. Definitely been tough to get the pups sociable given not being able to leave the house, construction, etc.

They (almost) have a backyard now and they love to look out the window. I can't wait for the day when they can be lazy and stare out the screen door and play around the house.

• Love 1

On 5/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, Dancing Matt said:

This is Maya. She is precious. She is 14? She is a menace. I am fairly certain we are her pets...

image.jpeg.af57002f3eb61ff5ad9d1efc627677f7.jpeg

I often tell my techs that I think greys are smarter than most owners are.  😆 They do tend to train their owners very well.  😉 

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

@Guppysnail @xXInkedPhoenixX  Rats and snakes were an absolute no, but almost any other furred or feathered pet was ok (including mice).  We always had dogs and cats. I'm not likely to have any more because as you said "I couldn't do it anymore."  My last 3 German shepherds were rescues, and they all lived to be teenagers.  Now I can't walk down the pet food aisle.  I enjoy other people's pets.

At the shop, we have a jet black shop cat that comes and goes as she pleases. Blackie meets me at the end of the driveway each day and walks me to the shop, where she has a hard time deciding between getting her ears scratched, or the snack in my pocket.  Blackie is about 10 years old, and has only rediscovered the benefits of having physical contact with people in the last year or two. Her littermate was possibly a pandemic victim.  Blackie has a condo with w/w carpet, fully insolated. vinyl siding, rubber roof and central heat.  ...Not my cat, but still cared for.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7AD8C0FA-47EC-47AE-AFA5-A7F857BD5C91.jpeg.98c52aefd2fa116d493ae0691c1d11db.jpegThis is Stella Blue our Portuguese Water Dog/Poodle mix. This is her happy place on the Oregon Coast. They are joking about this water dog stuff. At 9 weeks she jumped into my sons bath. She now knows she has to wait for them to get out of the bathtub before she can jump in. Probably one of the easiest dogs to train that I’ve had. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Bettimus with my youngest in 2019

20190719_143208.jpg.16f9e68e6bd2ec31c20009c02dca1769.jpg

She's a mastador, so not a small dog. They used to cuddle all the time....

20190722_113601.jpg.d5222819a4016754d7452bf88b06df53.jpg

Munchie talking the baby into going on the potty instead of in the diaper.

line_1560388864797.jpg.95befa56b0a232230e01498a75f46e25.jpg

Munchies typical attitude toward all other living creatures:

"Unless you are here to serve me, I have no use for you"

She trills like a hummingbird, weaves around our feet like a cat, and has a serious Napoleon complex and believes it is her sole responsibility to boss the big dogs... as long as she knows that they can't get her back.

This past year, Bettimus finally decided that Munchie (at age 7) has lost puppyhood status, and doesn't take her being a bully anymore. 

It's been an interesting change in dynamics. Munchie will do the play bow, Bettimus says "sure", and then Munchie tries to tattle on Bettimus (as if we didn't just watch the entire interaction).

So Munchie gets treated like a big dog bully🤣

However, she is incredibly patient with the grandboos and pandemic babies! 

(As long as they are confined to sitting on the baby potty, lol)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 5/20/2022 at 10:07 PM, da_Fishylover said:

I have quite a lot of pets I have one dog - German Shepherd/Rottweiler, 2 cats - both are tuxedo cats, 2 parakeets, and of course my fish.

Here's a picture of my dog Olivia

IMG_20211230_173536781_2.jpg

I love when dogs give that cute innocent face. Hopefully it's not because she did something bad and is saying "but I'm cute so you can't be mad at me!" My cat does that face far too often. 🤪

On 5/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Hopefully it's not because she did something bad and is saying "but I'm cute so you can't be mad at me!" My cat does that face far too often. 🤪

No, she didn't do anything bad. Shes usually always a good girl. Olivia was just waiting to go outside. The one who is a bit of a trouble maker is my cat Winnie. 

Edited by da_Fishylover

I love seeing all the pets! I have a dog and two cats, other than my fish. Dixie is some sort of border collie mix we got from a rescue, but the laziest snuggle bug collie ever. She’s developed seizures, which apparently collies are prone to, and takes medicine in American cheese twice a day. She has very strong opinions about our daily routine, and will try to herd us to the couch when it’s couch time, or to bed if we’re up late.

The tortie is Suwanee, named after the street we lived on when we found her. She wouldn’t come up to me until one day, turns out she had been attacked by another cat and had an abscess, and developed FIV. I guess she knew she needed help and came to us! She’s become a snuggle bug over the years and is very sweet, yet definitely has that tortitude. She also takes medicine twice a day for hypothyroidism.

Allie is a black cat we got from a coworker, whose barn cat had kittens. She is a funny mix of bold and skittish. She wants to investigate everything but will dart at the first sound. She loves to roll on her back and talk to us, but the belly is definitely a trap. She looooves watching the fish.

6E67BA45-B7DF-427F-9E11-991D237203FE.jpeg

8AD684D9-3B02-49EE-952F-FC02700B25BA.jpeg

D41B57D1-FC86-4C2E-A468-B52B2F3DEC1F.jpeg

8ADE3D66-A1A5-49FB-9A75-53D186B4B902.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...