Muck tub deck pond

Travis

Moved the tub back outside today. It overwintered pretty well in my apartment with just a  overhead lamp with a LED plant bulb in it on during the day. Its looking pretty scruffy at the moment will add pics when it grows back in. I pulled all the Amazon Frogbit. It was doing so well that if I didn't pull a bunch every week it would choke out the pond. Switched over to Salvinia minima for my floating plant this year.

Something I didnt share last year was the build for my air pump. I didnt have a safe place for an air pump to sit so I made a housing to protect it from the elements. The outside is a small plastic ammo can I picked up at Harbor Freight. The lid has a seal so it is normally air tight. I drilled small holes in the bottom to let air in and notched a hole for the power cord back near the hinge. I drilled two holes on the latch end just big enough to press fit some plastic air fittings. Inside there are a couple double sided suction cups to cushion and keep the pump centered. In the back is a suction cup bracket from a tube heater to hold the excess cord in place. I run two lines off this with check valves to operate the air stone in the lift tube and a 2nd airstone that just hangs inside the pond for extra circulation/aeration when it gets hot. 20230520_130009.jpg.4028d239535520e5a93e143cf73ae6f4.jpg20230520_130054.jpg.dc6f68067ca6e4412074f1c79874cd2f.jpg20230520_130149.jpg.61fb3520d2c17629d88ee8b58595e517.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...