Quarantine/ injury? Or illness?

Ms. Fancy Fish

16517089118135259813637763979014.jpg.8174c3a31da80c6e15291a74fa225fe7.jpg@CoryHey everyone.  Quarantining since 4/8/22. Noticed a small pinkish,  isolated area of loose or lifted scales near tail of lemonhead thai oranda. Daily 50% water changes. Levels today:

.25 ppm amonia 

0 nitrate

0 nitrite 

There is a handful of loose biomedia, a sponge filter and 2 slightly rude ryukin in the 20gallon with te thai oranda. 

Does this look like illness or injury?

*20gallon is only being used for quarantine, not the permanent home.

16517089118135259813637763979014.jpg

Edited by Ms. Fancy Fish

I would add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons for a week just remember to only put the amount of salt back in that you take out so if you do a 3 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in 

On 5/5/2022 at 3:34 AM, Ms. Fancy Fish said:

There is currently salt in the tank. But I can up the amount.  Currently I only had 1tbsp for every 5 gallons

I would up the amount to 1 table spoon for 3 gallons

I have nothing to add, information wise.

I just wanted to reiterate how grateful I am to this forum for elevating the level of care in the hobby due to so many people being willing to freely share information and knowledge. 

Respectfully. 

Thanks for such a supportive post to wake up to. 

🌿💜🌿

• Love 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:18 AM, Ms. Fancy Fish said:

@Cory @Colu thank you, I will definitely be doing a round 2. I took this pic a moment ago.

20220510_191356.jpg

20220510_191359.jpg

You can treat with maracyn and maracyn2 together for a more broad spectrum antibiotic treatment and the active ingredient in maracyn2 is minocycline that has proven effective at sinking some types of lumps

Looking at the pictures I think you need to treat more aggressively with kanaplex and jungal fungas clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone together following this treatment schedule that's effective at treating more severe infections and nitrofurazone also treat's fungal infections as well  

Screenshot_20220510-012936~2.png

Sorry to hear she didn't make it It could be a mycobacterium or viral infection looking at the lesion  I would get holed of the medication I recommended just in case an others start to show symptoms you can get Jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone from Walmart if your have another tank you come temporarily Qarantine your other fish I would disinfect this tank with a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution you can add it directly to the tank and leave the filter running after a couple of days it breaks down  into  harmless H20 and oxygen

Edited by Colu

As you don't have another tank I would just monitor them closely and leave the salt in for now with doing a 100% water change and clearing your filter just keep an eye on your water parameters In case you get any ammonia or nitrites spikes