Suggestions for centerpiece fish for dwarf emerald rasboras

Maggie

Gouramis seem to like it alot warmer (80-ish) than my new emerald babies (70-75), so I'm considering something more compatible as a centerpiece. What about 4 female betta fish? Tank seems kind of big (45 gal) for just one male, and the females are also quite striking to me! Suggestions/advice welcome!

My understanding is that Bettas are consistently territorial and shouldn’t be kept with others, especially other Bettas, but you can keep females in a “sorority tank” if they get along. 

What are you hoping for the centerpiece? Size? Colorful? Where in the water column?

Edited by Saltinthedesert

10 minutes ago, Saltinthedesert said:

My understanding is that Bettas are consistently territorial and shouldn’t be kept with others, especially other Bettas, but you can keep females in a “sorority tank” if they get along. 

What are you hoping for the centerpiece? Size? Colorful? Where in the water column?

I am looking at mid-top level. I'll have 6 cory cats at the bottom. Any size as long as its pretry, peaceful, likes low 70s for water temp, and won't breed. I like the idea of a female betta sorority!

You could have the Emerald Rasbora near the bottom and do some clown killifish up top. They should be ok in a cooler tank. You might want a few floating plants though. A school of longfin whiteclouds or golden whiteclouds would look pretty neat in an unheated tank. Some danios should work pretty good too. 

• Thanks 1