Aquarium related Jobs?

I was wondering what are some good paying Jobs that have to do with fish/aquariums? Right now I'm just in high school and I'm gonna try getting a job at my lfs, does anyone have any thing I should know when applying for the job or is there anything fish stores are looking for in employees? also what are some jobs the you can do full time and well paying that are related to fish because I know working at a fish store isn't the best paying job. 

Off the top of my head, especially if you're still in high school, LFS work is probably the best you're gonna do. Most public aquariums do have specialized positions, but you'll almost certainly need at least a Bachelor's degree for most of them. You could be an aquarium docent (if said public aquarium even has them), but those are usually volunteer positions; on the other hand though, if you DO volunteer, that'll make you look really good if you ever apply to one of those specialized jobs at the same aquarium.

• Like 1

The best thing you can do is talk to LFS management and owners to see if they have openings. I started in the industry when I was in High School and continued it through College until I had a degree and moved onto something new. IME, being a customer and talking with the staff while picking up stuff is what got me the job. Hiring someone passionate about the hobby, as well as knowledgable is not something a lot of businesses get. Working at a LFS isn't like being a server at a resturaunt and being able to hire someone knowlegable, social, and able to communicate with customers is a big deal to Brick and Mortar stores. I can't tell you how many times I still get offered jobs at my LFS that I frequent. Be prepared to start from the bottom and work your way up. Generally, the new folk are starting with more so maintainance and then work their way up in sales. Best of luck! 

• Thanks 1