10 gallon set up

LilOne

well my mother in law is planning to give me their 10 gallon set up which has a male betta and a common pleco in it.  If she can get the one kid to agree and does, I will be rehoming both the betta and pleco.  My question is the pleco is already a few years old and I know they typically require a much larger tank, is it too late to rehome to a bigger tank (since I don't have a bigger tank myself nor the room to set a bigger one up) and it be ok or is it's life already too shortened too much by being stunted by the small tank?

The plan is to rehome it.  I am just wanting to know if it can still have a full life.  And want to be able to let whoever takes it know what to expect.  my concern is the organs maybe already too crammed together and am wanting to know if given proper size tank if it is possible for it to grow better and still have a full life or if life expectancy would be already too damaged.

My mistake, I didn't read that clearly. There still is a chance, but letting someone know who adopts the fish that there may be stunting would be the fair thing to do. Common plec's are very resiliant, so regardless of any issues I could see these tanks still having a long life ahead of them.

• Like 1