New micro 1g aquascape

Well, I will say I have a 4.12 gallon Aquatop cube with 2 small Hygger sponge filters, it is very well planted and I keep 1 Nerite and 10 CPDs (and a bunch of bladders snails). It might be considered overstocked but it's a very stable and happy tank (1 of the 10 is a fry so they can't be unhappy - suspect everyone else is getting eaten if there were/are more fry). May be possible to put a couple female and a male CPD in there, but I'd have backup plans for them.

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Love 1

Ooh! That looks great, can't wait to see how it progresses. As far as I know, it's rather hard to keep fish in a 1 gallon, however depending on your experience, and water parameters you could look into caridinia or neocaridinia shrimp (caridinia are the more fragile of the two from what I've heard.) You could also perhaps try some snails, or even a mixture of the two. Best of luck!

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:47 PM, a tired fish keeper said:

It’s planted and filled can’t wait for it to grow in76920A02-B567-4219-B435-4AF27063D627.jpeg.be0f6b176bf1d3d64b55f13d52112a6e.jpeg

Also the only fish I would want to put in here are chili rasboras do you think a group of 4 could work

Personally, I would not use anything smaller than a 5 gallon for chili rasbora, and wouldn't go any smaller than a school of 6, for their mental health. Smaller schools are actually more stressful than larger schools, it's part of their genetic programming. In a 1 gallon with no filter, amphopods (scuds) would be really cool to watch and provide hours of entertainment. Neocaridinia can do well in a 1 gallon, as long as you stay on top of the water chemistry.... meaning wait until it's well grown in and there's evidence of a good biofilm and a seasoned system and be diligent about testing and monitoring.

Can't wait to see how this evolves!

• Like 2