Depends what you consider cheap. First avoid particle board stands - if water gets beyond the veneer they will fall apart very quickly. Usually the cheap stands that look nice are particle board. There are several metal stands on amazon. I think the nicest one is the aqueon one but it has gone up a lot. There is an imagitarium stand (also sold at petco) that is a bit less expensive. There are some other metal stand i'm not familiar with on amazon - here are a few links:

https://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Forge-Metal-Aquarium-12-Inch/dp/B00SZ5ERV0/

I couldn't find the imagitarum stand for 29 on amazon - but they do sell one - they only had 10,20,40 and 55 listed; 29 is probably out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Fundamentals-Aquarium-Gallon-102291-AMA/dp/B088JXGZQR/

Most local and chain petshops will sell some sort of metal stand - they usually run between $75 and $125.

DO NOT BUY A WOOD STAND ON AMAZON - they are almost certainly particle boards - most 'wood' stand sold in chain and local petshops are particle board. RJ enterprise has a solid wood stand but it won't be cheap - at least $250 probably $350 these days (they are an oem and most petshops and chain petshops can special order them). There are custom aquarium makers that also carry solid wood stands - don't think i'm allowed to name them but again they won't be cheap esp with shipping.

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 1

I run 5 of the metal imagitarium stand including a 29 and a 40breeder in my fish room.  I like them. Affordable and duable as well as easy to assemble (I can do one in 15 minutes from opening box to done and I am not handy) and have easy adjustable leveling feet.  Two ways I’ve purchased depending on the sale are online and through the app both for in store pickup.  I have no idea why but the in store price is high, the app price is often lower and the internet website is often even lower for in store pick up and sometimes you get an additional discount for in store pick up.  I’m frugal so try to always get the best deal.  

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 5:55 AM, Guppysnail said:

I run 5 of the metal imagitarium stand including a 29 and a 40breeder in my fish room.  I like them. Affordable and duable as well as easy to assemble (I can do one in 15 minutes from opening box to done and I am not handy) and have easy adjustable leveling feet.  Two ways I’ve purchased depending on the sale are online and through the app both for in store pickup.  I have no idea why but the in store price is high, the app price is often lower and the internet website is often even lower for in store pick up and sometimes you get an additional discount for in store pick up.  I’m frugal so try to always get the best deal.  

I love the look of the imagitarium stand. Sadly I couldn’t find any in Canada. (Yet another reason why having fish in Canada sucks! No meds, not many aquarium coop product and now this.) So my 5, 10 and 20 gallons are on the Aqueon one (on the plus side, you can put 2 aquariums on each stand!).

for my 30 gallons, I went overboard with a Uline shelf. It does have particule board but I cover it with some waterproof leather/plastic drawer liner.

• Like 2