Behavior of my Corydoras in new tank - Happy or stressed? 🤔

Karen B.

Greetings 

I transfer my community tank from a 20h to a 30 gallons. 12 more inches of swimming space!

I think my corydoras are playing/having fun. My parameters are ok, except there is no mitrates yet (but no ammonia or nitrite either).

I would just like to make sure I am not mistaken by their behavior. Happy or stressed?

• Like 2

Looks like they're having a Cory party! Sometimes when Cories are moved to different different tanks they tend to explore the set up like that. I recently put a 6 Cory cats in a QT tank that was cycled & had perfect parameters and they displayed this behavior. Love the scape btw!

Edited by Lucid_Reese
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 11:50 AM, Karen B. said:

I would just like to make sure I am not mistaken by their behavior. Happy or stressed?

It looks like breeding behavior to me in some capacity. There's a video in my journal I'll add of mine.  I see the same behavior coming from yours.  Essentially, big water change, they are following the female around a bit.

Unhappy Cory behavior is constantly going to the surface to gulp water, swimming up at the surface, or laying lethargically, hiding or gulping. Although, sometimes Cories will sometimes "play dead" and lay sideways or even upside-down, it's usually for a short period of time, of just while they are napping or resting.

• Like 1