Question About Preventative Method On "The Best Way to Ensure Your Fish are Healthy" Video

Tazalanche

Hello all,

This is my first post in these forums, but I've been on other forums for over a decade and keeping fish since the early 1990's.

Anyway, I have a clarification question about Cory's preventative method on the "The Best Way to Ensure Your Fish are Healthy" (youtube video LrRhfOYfXns). I assume that the method should not be used with invertebrates (I have new shrimp & snails in another QT aquarium), but should this method still be used if there are scaleless fish in the aquarium? The aquarium I want to treat has 6 kubotai loaches in it.

Thanks!

The quarantine trio is plant, shrimp, snail, and fish safe. Catfish, Cory's, otos are safe. I can attest to this from personal experience. That being said, I believe the BEST way to assure healthy fish is to buy from the best source you can find. That will take a little inquiry on your part. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, DaveO said:

The quarantine trio is plant, shrimp, snail, and fish safe. Catfish, Cory's, otos are safe. I can attest to this from personal experience. That being said, I believe the BEST way to assure healthy fish is to buy from the best source you can find. That will take a little inquiry on your part. 

Thanks DaveO. About 95% of our current fish are from Aqua Huna.

• Like 2

For anyone else that might have questions about the video, here's the blog about the same subject (& more): 
https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/quarantine-tank

It specifically answered my concern on 5C: 

1. If you bought new fish from an online retailer, pet store chain, or untested source, proactively treat them with the quarantine medication trio. These medicines contain a blend of antibiotic, antifungal, and anti-parasitic active ingredients that are safe for scaleless fish, fry, shrimp, snails, live plants, and beneficial bacteria. Dose 1 packet of Maracyn, 1 packet of ParaCleanse, and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Ich-X for every 10 gallons of water. Let the medication soak in the water for 7 days without feeding the fish.