now friends? Weird interspecies behavior

TonyRs5

In my tank among other fish I have a blue parrot hybrid and a paradise fish which previously bickered over territory, the tank is a 125 community.  I noticed this morning that the blue parrot was facing straight up and it appeared as though the paradise fish was grooming him?  This has now been going on for several hours, they appear to be rubbing against each other and shadowing each other, I can't figure out what the are doing, has anyone experienced this weirdness. ( I tried to upload a video from my phone, it won't allow it unfortunately).  In essence the paradise fish looks to be touching the side of the parrot fish and the parrot fish is pointing with his mouth 90 degrees facing straight up to the top of the tank, I have also seen the parrot swim to the paradise fish and they start again.

Edited by TonyRs5

On 4/27/2022 at 9:32 AM, TonyRs5 said:

In my tank among other fish I have a blue parrot hybrid and a paradise fish which previously bickered over territory, the tank is a 125 community.  I noticed this morning that the blue parrot was facing straight up and it appeared as though the paradise fish was grooming him?  This has now been going on for several hours, they appear to be rubbing against each other and shadowing each other, I can't figure out what the are doing, has anyone experienced this weirdness. ( I tried to upload a video from my phone, it won't allow it unfortunately).  In essence the paradise fish looks to be touching the side of the parrot fish and the parrot fish is pointing with his mouth 90 degrees facing straight up to the top of the tank, I have also seen the parrot swim to the paradise fish and they start again.

No, I haven't seen that behavior in freshwater fish, I would love to see it! To be able to share the video with us, upload the video to YouTube, and then share the YouTube link with us.😁