Hi Everyone. First post. I love the retail store, my wife happily drives me 45 mins from west Seattle whenever I need something. We pass at least 5 mom and pop shops and probably 8 chain stores. You guys have the best staff and it's what brings us back everytime. 

I was wondering if you have any plans of offering a rewards program for in store visits? Sierra Fish and Pets sends out various coupons weekly and has a reward system for discounts depending how much you spend. Have you considered 5 star or anything like that? I'm aware of the free frozen foods at $100 but was seeing if anything similar was in the pipeline. 

• Administrators

We have had 5 star and other loyalty programs in the past. They just caused headaches. People would different logins, want to combine points, trade points, use them on different things. Customer service constantly helping them log into their accounts. You also run into problems with online vs in store purchases, outages with the system etc.

Basically two years ago we came the realization that we can't offer great service and sell at a discount store wide. Our store is small and we can get packed in there, this is why we stopped taking cash as it slowed down checkout. Loyalty programs made the lines much slower.  We focus on, let's try to improve experience, products and knowledge to keep our customers in.

The savings we have in store are:

$100 get free frozen food.

Buy 10 or more of the same fish and save 10%.

Redeeming Easy Fertilizer Bundle and Med Trio bundle pricing in store.

7 minutes ago, Cory said:

We have had 5 star and other loyalty programs in the past. They just caused headaches. People would different logins, want to combine points, trade points, use them on different things. Customer service constantly helping them log into their accounts. You also run into problems with online vs in store purchases, outages with the system etc.

Basically two years ago we came the realization that we can't offer great service and sell at a discount store wide. Our store is small and we can get packed in there, this is why we stopped taking cash as it slowed down checkout. Loyalty programs made the lines much slower.  We focus on, let's try to improve experience, products and knowledge to keep our customers in.

The savings we have in store are:

$100 get free frozen food.

Buy 10 or more of the same fish and save 10%.

Redeeming Easy Fertilizer Bundle and Med Trio bundle pricing in store.

thanks for the quick response. nice to see you guys have already trialed it through the shop and realized it wasn't a good fit. 

in the future I hope you guys revisit the idea of some sort of reward program for in store customers. even as simple as every $1000 spent you get a 10% off code emailed to you. this would motivate customers like me to make their $75-$150 visits into $150-$300 visits to get that discount.