Snails and live plants

cuppicake

Okay so, I have a couple cute bladder snails that eat all the dead leaves...at least Ive only ever seen them eating dead ones. Question...today I went to the fish store and picked up some Guppies. Two snails were caught in the process, the gentleman said they would eat my plants. I want to double check before I drop them in my tank. I also have two mystery snails. Would they or my bladder snails be harmed by these new hitchhikers?

New snail.jpg

I’m not real familiar with Malaysian trumpet snails but that looks like one. They reproduce much much faster than bladder snails and live in substrate. You don’t see them until one day you see hundreds. Check out @Hobbit Fish at Bag End journal for info.  

Edited by Guppysnail
Add link
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 7:50 PM, Colu said:

I have Malaysian tumpet snails in of all my tanks I have never had them eat my plants they are good at keep the substrate clean as they borrow they also stop sand from getting compacted

I agree with that @Coluthey don’t eat plants and are great for substrate. I have issues with the numbers in light substrate tanks. 

• Like 1