Spider wood

yassy

I did gentle boil for 90 min yesterday,soaked in treated water last night.Then, I did full boil 40 min and let it cool down in the water in the pot.

Since the wood that could not stand well on its bottm sat on the kitchen cart surface, I thought it would sink but floated in the tank so, currently, I am using dragon stone that was in the tank to weigh in but how long in general does this wood float; how long did your spider wood floated til it decided to sink?

I bought plants and all but cannot attached it still and my tank look messy,lol.So far, only shrimp is there.

With malaysian driftwood, it sank and no issue so, using that one as weighing over the spider wood as well.

Thank you.

spider wood doesnt tend to be very dense. it will probably sink in a week or two. now i have some thats been in water for a couple of years that doesnt float, but it doesnt take much to make it mobile in water. malaysian driftwood, and mopani are pretty dense and usually sink instantly.

• Like 2

I liked the look and color of the spiderwood in the tank but I did not expect it to float;feeling resistance this much.

How long did you boil?Also, how strong did you boil;gentle boil (med high with small bubbles), or rapid rolling boil ( big bubbles one after another)?

Thank you.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:28 PM, yassy said:

I liked the look and color of the spiderwood in the tank but I did not expect it to float;feeling resistance this much.

How long did you boil?Also, how strong did you boil;gentle boil (med high with small bubbles), or rapid rolling boil ( big bubbles one after another)?

Thank you.

i dont boil. fill a 5 gallon bucket and stick in the wood with something on top of it to keep it under.

• Like 1