What’s this fish’s deal?

Goosedub

Hey. So my Medaka started looking wierd. He was fine until about a week or two ago and he started looking like this and unable to keep bouancy. It’s very strange looking. I have medaka spawning in the tank so I doubt it is water parameters. Does anyone know what would cause this and if there is a fix?59E3748D-27BD-4CFA-BE79-4CD90857654C.jpeg.ff8cacb7cadacfbb45b14b7f7fda01c8.jpeg

On 4/23/2022 at 2:52 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

What food do you feed?

I feed fluval bug bites (tropical and spirulina) I also feed baby brine shrimp pretty regularly and intermittently I feed frozen foods. I had a couple medaka go down with bloat, so I cut back a little on the BBS and started interspersing the spirulina flake in there a while back

On 4/23/2022 at 1:02 PM, Goosedub said:

I feed fluval bug bites (tropical and spirulina) I also feed baby brine shrimp pretty regularly and intermittently I feed frozen foods. I had a couple medaka go down with bloat, so I cut back a little on the BBS and started interspersing the spirulina flake in there a while back

There was another thread in the breeding section where they were talking about what causes the deformity.  Some information regarding genetics, others suggesting bone deficiencies, and others talking about the flow being too strong when they are fry.  I assume the fish looked normal before?  If you can more pictures would help to show the shape of the fish or even a video.

I don't think anything you're feeding is causing any issues. The adjustment to add some more plant to their diet is exactly what I would do.

• Like 1