Best fish food for triple layered aquarium?

In general I REALLY like Fluval Bug bites, for many reasons, but one is definitely that it's great for this kind of tank.

I feed a variety but for this specifically you could use their tropical granules. It floats on the surface when first added. My furcata rainbowfish love darting up to snatch the food, causing other pellets to begin sinking which then my midlevel swimmers go after. Anything that falls to the bottom is then hoovered up by my corydoras. Great food, good ingredients, and works well to feed all levels of the tank.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, a date with nature said:

i'm setting up a 29 gallon tall, and wander what you guys would recommend in terms of food.  planning to have hatchets, cardinal tetras. and apistos.  I don't really care about the cost, just something that would keep my fish healthy and happy.

One of the techniques to check out is when Cory feeds the 800 gallon.  He would drop some flake or something for the tigerbarbs, then he would drop in something sinking for the other fish that needed it at the bottom.  He also has mentioned just having "enough" food in there when feeding so that some drops down below. 

In my experience, something like the hikari vibra bites, you have a portion that will float, some will slowly sink, some will sink quickly.  this happens with the xtreme krill flakes and xtreme spirulina flake food as well.  Either one of those are my go to food day to day.  When I feed frozen brine or worms you have the choice of swirling it around in the tank to melt some for the bottom feeders, or you can just let it float and some will fall naturally as it's eaten. 

It's a 29G tank, so just be careful not to over feed (tall tank, basically), and it's something where over time you'll get a better idea of what works and doesn't for your community of fish.

Edited by nabokovfan87