My rekindled love of Repashy Community Plus

Cory

On 4/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, Cory said:

Igapo is the slowest seller, I think followed by grub pie. My favorite is community plus.

Looking at the ingredients I can totally understand why.  It's very unique compared to some of the other mixes that repashy offers.  I really do enjoy the different flavors that you have in stock.  I feel like they all fill very specific needs and uses.  One day we'll all be like @Guppysnail and have the variety pack! 😂 I'll end up trying igapo the next time around. 

I needed some crushed coral and what not, that's on the way now thankfully.  My fish get to try community plus in a few weeks!

• Haha 2

This is one of my favorite times to watch my fish so I'm just going to keep dropping these...

Here are some pictures from today and yesterday, feeding Community Plus with flake mixed in because... reasons? The white clouds always get the zoomies when food is involved. My Amano is also quite greedy...

image.jpeg.ff3be29758d646978014e35801f6fbf1.jpegimage.jpeg.35650bca108d63d69840e8612808c0b2.jpegimage.jpeg.57192cf451c77478f70429deee954818.jpegimage.jpeg.787356e2ab07a469a8e1fd30fd12e855.jpeg

Edited by Dancing Matt
  • Like 4

On 4/27/2022 at 3:59 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hot tip from Cory in the OG Vlogs. He used the community blend as fry food. Just drop it in the tank and it'll work.

It is also better than bacter ae in my opinion fed dry in tiny bits. My shrimp love it and it does not gunk the tank or cloud the water the way bacter ae does. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Community Plus and Soilent Green are my absolute "ride or die" fish foods that I never plan to rotate out and my plecos love Morning Wood. When I finish my current package of Fluval Bug Bites I plan to try out Grub Pie and hope to experience the same. I seriously hope that this thread results in more nerming out! After Sera reformulated O-Nip into the "Nature" formula I ended up making some repashy "hacked" with suction cups so that I could have a similar way to bring fish to the front of the tank. Awesome for if you want to monitor fish super closely and don't want them to go through the stress of netting them out.

20220430_162624.jpg

20220430_163124.jpg

Edited by ange
adding photos
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

So funny that this old thread just popped up—last week I put some Soilent Green in my tank as straight powder and my otos were all over it right away— the first time I’ve seen them respond to food quickly. They usually will hop on a zuchini slice only after a few hours; and don’t react to other food at all. Soilent Green for the win!

Edited by PineSong
Typo
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 8:19 PM, PineSong said:

So funny that this old thread just popped up—last week I put some Soilent Green in my tank as straight powder and my otos were all over it right away— the first time I’ve seen them respond to food quickly. They usually will hop on a zuchini slice only after a few hours; and don’t react to other goods at all. Soilent Green for the win!

Mystery snails really like soilent green too.  I add calcium carbonate powder to it for their shell health.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 3:25 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Saw this yesterday. Hot tip if you plan to freeze it!

Obviously, please be careful with the plastic and hot water.

Thanks for posting this. It works better than any other method I have tried

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 7:39 AM, Ken Burke said:

Hey, another red sailfin corydoras keeper!  A6C30A0E-DA39-44C7-9FB0-5CF6A50E9F00.jpeg.bffbe593517a98759da289e255074bfe.jpeg

I walked into my Lfs and they had 3 of these left. They grabbed my eye instantly, personally I  never saw a cory like that. I bought all three and hope to get more. Really cool fish.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 12:25 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Saw this yesterday. Hot tip if you plan to freeze it!

Obviously, please be careful with the plastic and hot water.

Part 2 of this one:

Take your biggest knife you can, use the back of it (not the sharp end) like a hammer and that will help to break up the repashy into chunks. I had mine slightly too thick and nearly broke my finger trying to break it apart.  Works well! 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Huckleberry said:

I walked into my Lfs and they had 3 of these left. They grabbed my eye instantly, personally I  never saw a cory like that. I bought all three and hope to get more. Really cool fish.

I have an LFS that constantly has these in stock. I bought a group of 8 two years ago, but I lost two along the way due to stressful moves. They are great beginner Cory that are a bit different/ unusual.

I’ve primarily used community plus, bottom scratcher, soilent green. The catfish will kick up a bunch of food particulates that the smaller tetras and  pencilfish will swoop in and pick off. I typically feed in the morning before I leave for work, and I may feed again at night before bed. I find this super helpful for the grazing aspect— fish are held over for a longer period of time.

pictures are of my super reds feeding on soilent green, various corys feeding on bottom scratcher, and a female apisto with fry feeding on community plus fry powder.685BAF92-E926-4DE7-B5F0-A03832BE92C1.jpeg.87e425f3af432070ef8a7ac29b942eef.jpeg

640C51C4-D187-44B0-8EF0-A6A0A41DCEF0.jpeg

613E6709-33E8-4FC9-8C35-B74701E8DE7D.jpeg

• Like 1