My rekindled love of Repashy Community Plus

Cory

• Administrators

As part of my staying active in the community but out of the comments section of social media, I wanted to start some posts/talk about things I find important in my hobby.

The story starts Monday. Randy and I were in a business meeting and I say, I sure do wish we could get Repashy Shrimp Souffle. I loved that stuff, when they discontinued it, I just used Community Plus as it was the closest to that.

I then said, why did we stop using it? I remember the fish going nuts for community plus. As does Randy. Fast forward 2 days and I order some up from our warehouse because I remember that I do love it and only stopped feeding it for a couple of reasons.

1. Biggest reason, most days I'm feeding 3+ different test foods from different brands. Always trying to evaluate what is good and we should offer. Also to help develop foods for brands. However I realized that I'm too far into the weeds. 75% of my foods being fed out are testers and not known winners. It used to be that 90% of the foods I fed were known winners like Repashy, xtreme krill flake, hikari fancy guppy food, etc.
  2. Boiling water when you don't have it in the fish room is a pain. My new house even has instant hot water. I could now be making repashy in the span of 60 seconds. This removes most of the prep time of boiling water. Now it's just mix, let sit.

So I am excited to feed it again as I believe so many species of fish, shrimp and snails thrive in the environment where repashy can be in a tank for many hours continuously feeding these grazers. Plecos, corydoras, livebearers, snails, shrimp are all grazing feeders that do best eating for many hours each day. I believe that making batches a few times a week, and keeping it in the fridge will bring a glow to my fish room that it's been missing. Frozen foods I thought would fill that role but I believe they are in addition to, not instead of Repashy.

Another thing that makes me crack up. I had fallen in love with xtreme Krill flakes so much because of the high krill content and that fish love it. Well the main ingredient in the Repashy Community Plus is krill, no wonder it's loved as well. I guess this is like human food, sometimes you forget you love a certain food just because you haven't had it in a long time.

I'll take some action shots in the next few days of fish going nuts for it. Should arrive today for me to prepare again. Also while we were "digging into it" we decided to lower prices on Repashy foods. So they are now quite a bit cheaper than previous. We are also bringing back some 3oz containers for the few most popular blends, and are ditching 1 or 2 blends. ones that sold very few each month.

If you feed repashy, take some pictures of the fish going nuts and post em up here to share. I suppose I should leave a link to the food so people can look at it easily. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/repashy-community-plus

RepashyCommunityPlusFront1_1024x.jpg

Thank you! I recently started feeding (Morning Wood & Bottom Scratcher) Repashy to help my deformed Pleco get the nutrients he needs and I love it! I'm hoping he loves it too, since I drop it in after lights go out. Thank you for the lower price -- I will definitely be ordering some Community Plus for my other fish. I'm sure they will appreciate the special treat too!

I really appreciate all you do for the community -- You're the best!

• Like 2

Our plecos love Soilent Green, Super Green, Morning Wood, & Bottom Scratcher.   Sometimes I'll even add a jar of baby food to the mix.  That stuff floating around is mulm they are kicking up.

Edited by KBOzzie59
Forgot morning wood!
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I fed repashy soilent green for the first time in quite a while. The fish always enjoy it, some prefer to wait until dark to eat it, but they do go to town on it.

I like this one because I mostly keep omnivores and it's a great way to make sure they are getting some of the nutrition they need.  I don't have success boiling veggies and having them eat them, but this stuff they do like to eat.

Last night, my red-tailed black shark was swimming laps for the first time in forever, playing around in the current in the tank.  I recently rescaped it so she could have more room and be more active. I do think she was having some fun with her cory bros and they were up with breeding behavior, she was mimicking them.  They go get some food, then go swim around.

This is day 2 of feeding the repashy in my other tank.  The panda's ate everything that was in there yesterday so I gave them a little bit more this morning.  They gorged out, and are now resting on their little pillow of repashy while one of their parents stands guard. 😂

20220420_130536.JPG.6efad5c9492f710b2eb4a188e23e883e.JPG

Edited by nabokovfan87
fix link
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Grub pie8F8DFA2B-E249-4B41-83F4-611A28802D8B.jpeg.f94d437e69b8b3cf352b0e76d8aeaa52.jpeg

1D23577C-FB95-478D-A55D-06F285A4E93E.jpeg.3a4cead312ff156e15ca03f882b7298b.jpeg

made in a silicone ice tray

2 PCS Premium Ice Cube Trays, AUSSUA Silicone Ice Cube Molds with Sealing Lid, 74-Ice Trays, Reusable, Safe Hexagonal Ice Cube Molds, for Chilled Drinks, Whiskey, Cocktail, Food https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F1YCNMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1JWCVPBV1GA4Y3AX7J6M

I cut cubes into 4-5 slices to feed to small cichlids E50B0CE7-51B9-41FD-B2BE-7C834027B1FD.jpeg.766694a151769ed735186d9a0867296e.jpeg

big cichlids get full cubes 126EBF4B-F309-48DF-9AA3-8B3D6B9C85D6.jpeg.e344a991b660fb60e01a9b6f4420d18c.jpeg

scraps and a few cubes really diced up to feed shrimp and community. D4C1EC71-2AD4-43A2-8ABD-F5E988038FD2.jpeg.c73f13ca0acb0a7d1e831fe1fbdfa016.jpeg

6D1DA27E-D289-4717-A44F-443DBF3B7BB3.jpeg.10a379ec89da8b6131fe2dfa360eed3c.jpeg

kept in refrigerator 7-10 days. Getting a vacuum sealer so I can start freezing. 

• Like 3

so glad to see the 3 oz bottles back i like to buy a small bottle when i try a different type of fish food till i know my fish is going to eat it .. then i buy a bigger size  i have always feed

the Rapashy Community Plus i feed it more as treat  1-2 times a week i mix some of the bug bites or flakes into in never tried baby food ..

Been thinking of trying soilent  green or the bottom scratchers or morning wood for my pelco  and snails …he and my other fish and snails love the community plus though they come running when i drop it 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1

I like it also, but I have to get through Repashy Soilent Green (1/2 gone) and 2 unopened bottles of Repashy Super Gold before I can justify buying more Repashy.  I usually wind up doing one big Repashy buy a year.    My goldfish are the biggest eaters of Repashy but I do remember my community tank loving Community Plus including the older fry.

Edited by Kathy F
wrote solid meant super

That moment when.... 

I'm watching the old Daily Dose videos when Cory was literally being so enthusiastic and passionate about trying to figure out if he was changing too much water.  He was talking about none of his tanks have any nitrates and it causing issues because he is going to be on metered water, plants need the nutrient, and then....

He makes repashy and I realized I made some this week!!!!! Pandas about to go to town.

Edit: it was national taco day, so I totally understand the enthusiasm.

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 4/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

How is that one? What fish do you generally feed with it?

I copied this from the ACO page: 

Repashy Igapo Explorer is a gel food made with a blend of ingredients ideal for all rainforest species of fish such as angels, tetras, apistogrammas, corydoras catfish and many more. The first and main ingredient is black soldier fly larvae. They have also included plenty of fruits, nuts, seeds and greens to mimic what would naturally be entering the waterways in the Amazon. Excellent for community or biotope tanks.

since I’m mostly South American (fish-wise) it’s a good mix in my tanks.  

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:56 PM, Ken Burke said:

Repashy Igapo Explorer is a gel food made with a blend of ingredients ideal for all rainforest species of fish such as angels, tetras, apistogrammas, corydoras catfish and many more. The first and main ingredient is black soldier fly larvae. They have also included plenty of fruits, nuts, seeds and greens to mimic what would naturally be entering the waterways in the Amazon. Excellent for community or biotope tanks.

since I’m mostly South American (fish-wise) it’s a good mix in my tanks.  

Yeah, that's cool. I was looking at all the ones they carried trying to get myself to try at least one other variety soonish.  Something with the fly larvae was where I was looking. Either that one or the grub food.

Edited by nabokovfan87

Found a neat table on-line that breaks down several Repashy foods.  Grub pie has protein, fat and fiber at 43, 10, 10 respectively.  Ipago is 30,8,5.  Spawn and grow has 45, 14, 5.  And if fiber is what you need, morning wood is 20,3,50!  

I would have posted a link, but it looks like they are selling product in Sweden. Out of respect for Cory and the ACO team, I’ll leave it alone.

@nabokovfan87

• Like 2