Is this massive dookie normal?

Goldie Blue

I have some new Oto's that poop non stop, but this turd is next level. Is this size of a poop normal? The photo isn't clear but the length was easily 4-5x's the length of the body. I have read these guys go a lot, but...is there something wrong here? They have only been in the tank about a week and a half. Thanks for any and all input. 

IMG_20220413_193516.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 4/14/2022 at 4:15 AM, Goldie Blue said:

I have some new Oto's that poop non stop, but this turd is next level. Is this size of a poop normal? The photo isn't clear but the length was easily 4-5x's the length of the body. I have read these guys go a lot, but...is there something wrong here? They have only been in the tank about a week and a half. Thanks for any and all input. 

I can't stop laughing at the topic title.🤣

• Haha 3

Lol. It's not a normal length but it looks healthy. Also often times the poop breaks before it gets too long because they move so much- maybe this one did it taking a nap or too busy eating to move. I'd be admiring it and wouldn't worry. That goes into the poop hall of fame right next to:

Resized_20220325_134826.jpg

And...this was a baby tho....oto1.jpg.9af1f01decad45486bdfbc32fa859925.jpg

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

On 4/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I'd be admiring it and wouldn't worry. That goes into the poop hall of fame

Yeah this guy was chilling in that spot for quite some time. I have never seen anything like it before, a wonder to behold lol. One of these lads almost died when I added them to the tank a week and a half ago, didn't see he was still stuck in the net and had it on the floor for about 35 minutes. Maybe it's him, and it's stress poops! I definitely notice extra poop in the tank from them but my plants and glass have never looked better, these guys put in some serious work. 

Your pics make me feel better about the situation lol, thank you as always @xXInkedPhoenixX 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, Goldie Blue said:

IMG_20220413_193516.jpg

He would make my GI doc proud!

I don't see white, and that's what I have been told is a frequent indicator of parasites, so good to go?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, Tanked said:

If you think that is massive, you have never had to deal with the boat rope produced by a common pleco.

Normal? yes, the OTO is well fed, and soon the plants and snails will be.

Just what I was going to mention.  My commons.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤦🏻‍♀️ Both big boys, and boy, do they ever leave massive poops!  They don’t tend to do strings like this, but it still happens sometimes.  One trailed a poop string over twice the length of his body once.  Strings usually only happen when they’ve been eating like mad, then rest in the same place for a while as things, ahem, process.  If they’re not moving around much, then the poop doesn’t break off and you get these masterpieces.  😝  😂 🤣 

• Haha 4

On 4/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, Tanked said:

If you think that is massive, you have never had to deal with the boat rope produced by a common pleco.

Yeah for real, this thing broke my plecos record. There is hardly a time I walk by where one, if not all of the Otos have poop hanging out. As long as they are happy, I am happy! I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, because it was quite the feat.

• Like 2