All my tanks (display and breeding) - May 1 Update w/ new FishTube video

13 hours ago, StephenP2003 said:

I finally got around to editing and uploading my first "official" youtube video -- one in which I do actual voice-over. 

@StephenP2003 That is an awesome video. Very well produced. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel! And, nice aquarium too, it was quite the evolution from the first version of the tank to the current version. I was surprised to hear just a little bit of a southern accent (not that there is anything wrong with that). Seeing the video of your aquarium makes me want to do an attractive planted aquarium.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

. I was surprised to hear just a little bit of a southern accent

As opposed to a lot of a southern accent? Some people are surprised to know I was born and raised in Louisiana, but I can start sounding pretty backwoods when I'm around my extended family long enough. 

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenP2003 said:

As opposed to a lot of a southern accent? Some people are surprised to know I was born and raised in Louisiana, but I can start sounding pretty backwoods when I'm around my extended family long enough. 

I lived up in the hills of western North Carolina for a while in the late 1980s and my accent has never recovered from that.🙂 I also lived in Louisiana during the middle 1960s in a trailer park between Mandeville and Slidell across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. My next door Gervy Soneji taught me how to count to 10 in French (actually Cajun) and properly clean a fish so as not to waste a scrap of meat.

I dragged my wife into the fishroom and showed her your video and her response was "why don't you do a tank like that?"

• Like 1

Great video! Your plants are looking so nice with that CO2. And now I want to replace my dwarf lily with a tiger lotus--so much more red. I also love the pearl scale on your angelfish. Hope they continue to get along. I have a pair in my 40 breeder display tank who just bred for the first time--it was the left-hand 20 gal for them, and the right-hand 20 gal for everyone else (cardinal tetras, lemon tetras, albino corys, panda garra). Of course, the eggs were quickly eaten. I might try saving some next time. That idea of taking out most of the hinge on your lid is smart--mine is right in the way of the light.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Awesome video, truly laugh out loud funny. Subscribed and liked. All my fish have always been furniture movers. Never done a planted but it doesn't matter. "Hey, Bro! I'm gonna take this thing your just bought and placed and move it over here and leave it upside down! That cool?" Years ago, I had a 55 with two Oscars and it ended up being them, one big rock, and one big piece of wood. They demolished everything. Even plastic plants. They would dig them up and drag them around and shake them until they fell apart. Absolute wrecking crew. But that is what Oscars do. No regrets.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am so mad at myself.  Waterchanging with the python today, looked away for a minute, my betta wedged himself at the end of the tube. Got him out of the tube, but I think it's too late. He's alive but doesn't appear to be able to move much or at all, been like that almost all day. 

Edit: unfortunately he passed. The siphon pressure must've done internal damage. This is perhaps my lowest point in fishkeeping thus far because it was a completely preventable accident caused by my own negligence.

I mean, I'm still going to betta-shop this week. But I'll be sad about it. 

RIP

1767195146_IMG_20210305_2138522.jpg.66ce8712b91e4f8af3fbf14e71d7c6e1.jpg

Edited by StephenP2003
  • Sad 6

• 3 weeks later...