Behavior changes in Pea Puffer

SarahO

My pea puffer is usually very energetic and lively, but the last day or two he has been very lethargic. He’s barely eating and barely swimming around. The only thing that has changed in the last few days was a routine water change. I didn’t think I did a large enough water change to throw off the cycle, and my ammonia levels are 0ppm. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on?

6CDC3FC4-122C-4915-806F-FD9C5E5D97EE.jpeg.4bca76c5291aadcbda5a3f3fa007398d.jpeg

Edited by SarahO
  • Sad 1

How long have you had him what are you feeding him and how often any weight loss rapid breathing white stringy poop have you add anything new to the tank resently what are you nitrite and nitrate at

Edited by Colu

@TheSwissAquaristNo new foods. He free feeds on snails and I give him bloodworms usually once or twice a week. 

@Colu I haven’t noticed stringy poop. I did add the aquarium co-op liquid fertilizer to the tank. Could that have affected him? I don’t know what my nitrates/nitrites are. I’ll have to check when I get home from work. I added prazipro just in case it is something parasitic. 

On 4/13/2022 at 6:32 AM, Colu said:

How long have you had him what are you feeding him and how often any weight loss rapid breathing white stringy poop have you add anything new to the tank resently what are you nitrite and nitrate at

Nitrites are 0ppm and Nitrates are 5.0ppm