Terrestrial plant

It looks like a type of air plant... I would just treat it like an air plant. I don't think rooting hormone would do anything for an air plant but I've never tried.

It's possible that if it is an air plant, that the roots rotted because it stayed too wet with the orchid moss or bark

• Like 2

Looks like an airplane to me, also.  Just put it dry in an empty container, either mist it with low mineral water weekly or dunk it in water for a minute or so, then let drain completely making certain it does NOT sit in any water at all, and see what happens. It may or may not come back for you.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:18 PM, freemoney said:

This plant came with a orchid I got from Lowe’s on clearance. The roots were rotted and fell right off. Can it be saved?

EBC16D61-D3CF-4A8C-8CF6-07D225F6C65D.jpeg

D8D581F2-467F-4BE0-9FA8-C73718B31134.jpeg

I saw tillandsia for sale at the large blue box store recently, and someone had put them in soil🙄I wouldn't be surprised to find out you got an orchid with a tillandsia in it from the same store.

https://www.airplantcity.com/pages/air-plant-care 

I'm pretty sure that's what you have.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:47 PM, Torrey said:

I saw tillandsia for sale at the large blue box store recently, and someone had put them in soil🙄I wouldn't be surprised to find out you got an orchid with a tillandsia in it from the same store.

https://www.airplantcity.com/pages/air-plant-care 

I'm pretty sure that's what you have.

yeah it was stuffed in a clear glass jar with the orchid, which was half off because they snapped the spike. Joke is on them because all the roots were in great shape!

• Love 1

On 4/14/2022 at 11:17 AM, freemoney said:

yeah it was stuffed in a clear glass jar with the orchid, which was half off because they snapped the spike. Joke is on them because all the roots were in great shape!

Looks like you got a great bonus! I love orchids. and airplants. Hopefully you got it out in time before rot set in.

This particular air plant will require water more often than the more white or fuzzy airplants. Watering will depend on your humidity and the light you give it, but you can dunk the ends (I wouldn't dunk the bulb) in a glass of filtered water, or water with the chlorine evaporated out (not distilled or softened) and you can soak the leaves for 20 minutes or so maybe once a week. Make sure it's completely dry if you are placing it in an area of lower light, or less air circulation. If you notice the tips of the leaves browning or is seems to start fading in color, water it more often, or mist it between waterings.

• Like 1