Fritz Zyme 7 Live Bacteria vs Seachem Stability

SunniSki

I've used both (two separate tanks), and saw no appreciable difference.  That said, the Fritz 7 smells bad.  Recently, I had to move all of my fish into a new tank due to a leak, and bought some Dr. Tims, even though I had a filter, substrate etc. from a cycled tank.  I don't know if it made any difference at all, but it made me feel better, and the new tank cycled almost immediately.     

I haven't used the Fritz yet but I use Stability currently along with pre-established filter media and I usually get the tanks up and running almost instantly. (I still give a week before livestock go in just to make sure), but once my current bottle of Stability is gone I'm going to try the Fritz

I have a friend who uses the Fritz exclusively and can go from a fresh setup with no cycled media to ready to go in 7 days flat. (with light bio load, she cycles 5 - 10 gallons almost exclusively for a single betta, or maybe a betta and a snail). 

She's even posted (in another group/forum) progress pictures before and it's pretty impressive. 

• Thanks 1

bottle bacterial won't cycle a tank unless the bacterial  has an ammonia source to feed off most of the bacterial will die very quickly I have been keeping fish for over 20 years in that time have tried a couple of different brands of bottle bacterial and found no difference in how long it took to cycle a tank just a waste of money I like to just add small amount of food daily for a couple of weeks then gradually add a small group fish   every couple of weeks to allow the benefial bacterial time  to catch up 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 12:37 PM, Wrencher_Scott said:

Use old media or a sponge to get a faster start. 

I can't, I literally tossed it all since it was "infested" with bladder snails and eggs.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, Colu said:

bottle bacterial won't cycle a tank unless the bacterial  has an ammonia source to feed off most of the bacterial will die very quickly I have been keeping fish for over 20 years in that time have tried a couple of different brands of bottle bacterial and found no difference in how long it took to cycle a tank just a waste of money I like to just add small amount of food daily for a couple of weeks then gradually add a small group fish   every couple of weeks to allow the benefial bacterial time  to catch up 

My Tank has been fully stocked for a year, the issue was that I tossed all my canister filter media and I assumed that the sponge filter in my tank would have enough to support the tank and was only expecting small dips here and there.  I have been dealing with Ammonia spikes now I'm dealing with Nitrite spikes.  Rookie mistake done out of frustration.

They both do the same thing. Dosing amounts are just speaking to the amount of "stuff" per oz of liquid. There really isn't going to be a major difference, I just get whatever is available.

I've used tetra, aqueon, some other brand they had at petco, stability, whatever is cheapest. (No fritz stuff available locally here)

On 4/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

They both do the same thing. Dosing amounts are just speaking to the amount of "stuff" per oz of liquid. There really isn't going to be a major difference, I just get whatever is available.

I've used tetra, aqueon, some other brand they had at petco, stability, whatever is cheapest. (No fritz stuff available locally here)

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have used Stability with Prime  in the past, and it works well if you follow the instructions for Cycle with fish in tank directions  … If you need to cycle your tank … I also add Stability every 2-3 weeks after a water change  or when I get new fish  for the tank to help keep it going well … I also use seachem purigen too …