Rotting Crypt?

So I got a crypt wendtti and an easy planter awhile ago and the crypt completely disintegrated. All of the leaves down to the roots. I did some reading and most sources said the plant should come back so I let it be until today when I was feeding my fish. I opened up the aquarium lid and it smelled horrible so I took the pot out of the easy planter and the smell was coming from that. I took the roots out of the rock wool and half of the roots were rotting. I went to my sink and rinsed and removed all of the rotten roots but some roots still looked good. I planted them back in the substrate and I'll see what happens. Does anyone know what may have caused that?

On 4/11/2022 at 7:02 PM, lefty o said:

give it a couple more weeks. 2 weeks isnt very long for plant growth.

See all my other crypts melted a leaf at a time and have blown up with growth and I've never experienced the smell like i have with this one 

On 4/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, Horde4life91 said:

See all my other crypts melted a leaf at a time and have blown up with growth and I've never experienced the smell like i have with this one 

20220413_131049.jpg

On 4/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, lefty o said:

hmm, that doesnt even look like crypt wendtii roots. strange.

See when I put it in the tank it had some converted leaves and some that I knew would melt. The whole plant melted away very fast and when I took the pot out of the easy planter there was the sulfur like smell and even the substate turned kinda grey that was underneath it.