Betta Constipated Treatment

JaredL

Ammonia:0 Nitritre:0 Nitrate:10ppm GH and KH:300+ Temp:77F

I've been trying to decide treatment plan. So far I've read: fasting(he's on day 2 now), peas, epsom salt, and daphnia. I'm unsure of how long I try these methods. Do I try multiple at once? How long till I should expect results? Anybody have other methods? Help appreciated. I can give more info if needed.

20201016_080550.jpg

20201016_082014.jpg

Peas could help, the issue is that bettas are more carnivorous so idk if he’d eat it or it would be good for him. I know they work well in goldfish but goldfish eat anything... at least that’s something I’ve heard before. My gf offered her betta a pea when he was struggling and it didn’t help, I don’t think he ate it. I’ve heard good things about daphnia helping tho, so I’d agree with Cory and go that route, it’s the least invasive and probably also most enjoyable for the fish

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I did read your suggestions and tried daphnia. He ate a few.. i didn't notice any pooping, but I've never seen him poop since I've had him(just what was on the substrate). His symptoms got more serious(possibly due to weakened immune system) so I started another thread that described the symptoms and my treatments. Unfortunately he did die last night. But thanks again for taking the time to help.

• Sad 2