New Fluval Plant 3.0

Waricks

I have a question. I have noticed that a lot of videos and photos of tanks with the Plant 3.0 do not have glass lids or tops on the aquarium at all. We do use a lid, mostly because many years ago we had a reef tank and we would find fish on the floor every now and then. My wife is very nervous about that happening now so I am losing the battle about taking it off. So here is the question. Will the 3.0 be as effective going through the glass or is it best to just have it without a lid?

On 4/9/2022 at 7:47 PM, Waricks said:

I will be reading the Fluval post and looking for a good program to start with. 

Bentley Pascoe on YouTube had a plant 3.0 guide that is where I'd tell anyone to start. Best of luck.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:19 AM, Waricks said:

I have noticed that a lot of videos and photos of tanks with the Plant 3.0 do not have glass lids or tops on the aquarium at all. We do use a lid, mostly because many years ago we had a reef tank and we would find fish on the floor every now and then. My wife is very nervous about that happening now so I am losing the battle about taking it off. So here is the question. Will the 3.0 be as effective going through the glass or is it best to just have it without a lid?

Lid means some refraction. It's best to not have a lid but obviously it means the light is going to take some water and that the watersports on the light (or the lid) will make it less effective. I always run lids and just try to keep them clean.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 11:22 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Bentley Pascoe on YouTube had a plant 3.0 guide that is where I'd tell anyone to start. Best of luck.

Lid means some refraction. It's best to not have a lid but obviously it means the light is going to take some water and that the watersports on the light (or the lid) will make it less effective. I always run lids and just try to keep them clean.

Thanks !  I did run across Bentley’s video series and I have enjoyed them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 10:24 PM, Waricks said:

However I can’t figure out how to choose one of the factory presets. When in automatic It is on Kake Malawi and I would like to switch it to Planted. Can someone help me with this?

let me see if I can find it and send a screenshot or a cory video. 🙂

it should start at the time right when Cory is talking about that feature.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 11:04 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

let me see if I can find it and send a screenshot or a cory video. 🙂

it should start at the time right when Cory is talking about that feature.

Thanks. I am. It sure how I missed that. I do appreciate your help.