Ranchu floating?

Huihui

Hi, so I'm a new ranchu keeper. Recently I bought another ranchu and it was pretty active for a few days, till I notice he's floating a bit upside a few times. I kinda brush it off since I knew that ranchu  sometime has tiny fins to keep them balance, but I got concern since he flipped upside down a few times. He's still very active and swims normally, It may be a case of swim bladder? I'm not sure though and I need help. I also notice he blows out bubbles. 

Info:

Diet: saki- hikari fancy goldfish (purple ones), Repashy gel food.

lives in 75 gallon. all nitrates, ammonia, nitrite all zero 

here's a video of him.

Hi, I don't think is the filter flow issue. I adjust to the lowest too and my other ranchu seems to be fine with the current flow I have right now. I even turn off the filter for a few mintues to check. If it was swim bladder, what kind of treatment should I do?

you can rule out the flow from your filter Swim bladder issue can be caused by over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder constipation internal bacterial infections injury to the swim bladder also high levels of nitrates can also effect the swim bladder what I would do is fast for a Couple of days and do Epsom salt baths 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes for a couple of days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants to relieve pressure on the swim bladder if after a week your seeing no improvement or he's getting worse then I would do a course of kanaplex in food

Screenshot_20210806-030958~2.png

Edited by Colu

If it doesn't get better than a week. Is it possible to find other medications, since in Canada is hard to get Kanaplex etc. I hope the fasting works and Epsom salt. 

I order Kanaplex on Ebay, but it won't arrive on time.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:29 AM, Huihui said:

If it doesn't get better than a week. Is it possible to find other medications, since in Canada is hard to get Kanaplex etc. I hope the fasting works and Epsom salt. 

I order Kanaplex on Ebay, but it won't arrive on time.

Your treatment options very limited in Canada if you can get kanaplex off eBay that's your best treatment option if The Epsom salt and fasting don't work you can get a prescription off a vet for antibiotic treatments  if you have trouble getting kanaplex it will be more expensive 

On 4/11/2022 at 7:14 PM, Huihui said:

Hi, Is been a few days with the Epsom salt treatment, and seen some improvements on him.

If your seeing some improvement continue with the Epsom salt baths for another couple of days and then monitor for a week if he starts to exhibit the same symptoms after a week then I would do a course of kanaplex in food

Edited by Colu

On 4/8/2022 at 9:15 PM, Colu said:

you can rule out the flow from your filter Swim bladder issue can be caused by over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder constipation

I agree with Colu, while goldfish actually do not life flow, especially fancy goldfish, I think that is irrelevant here especially if the goldfish turned upside, that is classic floating swimbladder. 

It could be that he is genetically weak, which there isnt much you can do about that, but I would highly recommend switching to a high quality flake food. Rapashy and Hikari purple are both fantastic goldfish foods, but they can be nutrient dense and harder to digest for a sensitive eater. While flakes are not always as nutritious, they are highly digestible (if good quality! poor quality flakes are a no go) which can really make a huge difference with sensitive eaters. 

Sorry @Huihui and @Colu! Finals in school been so busy 

https://www.yourfishstuff.com/collections/flakes

I am a big fan of your fish stuff foods, really good quality, low temperature small batch at a very affordable price. Steep discounts on bulk food, I like getting a variety of flakes and mixing them together, but the goldfish flakes, earthworm flakes and veggievore and spiralina flakes are good.