White Roots Growing on two different species of plants. HELP!

On 4/8/2022 at 1:30 AM, ange said:

Looks kind of like the beginnings of staghorn algae to me. Attached photos are all taken from Google as I've not personally treated it. George Farmer has a short video on treating it and there are a ton of other resources on YT.

In the video he calls it "tuffed algae" or "tucked algae" not sure what that is or if anyone has a translation. He says it's rare.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

In the video he calls it "tuffed algae" or "tucked algae" not sure what that is or if anyone has a translation. He says it's rare.

He refers to it as staghorn algae at the 20s mark. His accent is a tad thick but I think you're referencing where he speaks on how it's one of the more difficult to treat types of algae. I'm not sure where he's located exactly but I met a lot of people with his speech pattern while I was living in Bristol.

On 4/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, ange said:

He refers to it as staghorn algae at the 20s mark. His accent is a tad thick but I think you're referencing where he speaks on how it's one of the more difficult to treat types of algae. I'm not sure where he's located exactly but I met a lot of people with his speech pattern while I was living in Bristol.

At 2:50 he specifically calls out the type of algae and shows whatever the second type referenced is.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:25 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

At 2:50 he specifically calls out the type of algae and shows whatever the second type referenced is.

In that case he's referencing this one. To me it looks more like an aquatic slime mold than algae but that's pure speculation.

image.png.bda7d24f0c86e356eaec8367ac76b26e.png

This one shown at other points in the video is definitely staghorn though

image.png.13589a41042dda018129632098a9b7b7.png

image.png.5dfe2f96dc3e5f272a0762d29ddccc44.png